Am I a Bad Friend?

Watch
dean_m_s
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I get very anxious and I never know how to respond in difficult situations, so when something happened to my friend today, I just couldn't function, I had no idea what to say or do. It was even worse because it was a phone call and I struggle with calls. Now I just haven't opened any of my messages from anyone because I'm terrified I'm a bad friend and that they're going to hate me for it. Naturally, if they told me what to do or say or if it was really obvious what to say, I'd say it but I just don't know and I'd rather give no advice than bad advice. I truly am the worst friend anyone could have. And its all my fault.
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean u could always just give them a little bit of advice u don’t have to be an expert in what they’re talking about. Everyone reacts differently ig to certain situations and that’s okay. About the phone calls the only way you’re going to get over that is stepping out of your comfort zone and doing it more frequently or just talk more on messages first.
Last edited by Geraldthegoat; 1 month ago
Lovelylaci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No you’re not a bad friend,stuff like that happens and it’s not that big of a deal. :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed