Isaactj2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’m already anxious about going to uni becuase of my GCSE grades as I heard it’s really competitive.
I have passed all of my gcses with 4s but they are just passes. I didn’t really had motivation to do well in school and moving from different schools with a completely didnt curriculum just before my gcse was a really struggle
However an upside is that in my a-levels I’m airing towards all As and D* which is good
But I do think I won’t get into any good unis for law because of my gcses grades
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some will accept you - however, it's best to check with the universities (some have specific requirements).
studentbioch3m
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What universities are you thinking of going to?
Isaactj2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by studentbioch3m)
What universities are you thinking of going to?
Probably like Nottingham, Bristol, Liverpool. Haven’t decided where else yet
Lawschoolhack
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes - it's competitive .You are looking at three of the leading law schools. Uni of Nottingham, for example, is asking for 128 UCAS points. Unis will usually want to know what your predicted A level / BTEC grades are; rather than GCSE results for law as you don't need any underlying subject knowledge . If you are confident that you can achieve the A level grades they are looking; for then go for it. But please do some honest reflection to decide whether you didn't get the results you are capable of for your GCSEs because of the move etc. or whether you will struggle academically to achieve high A level grades. Have you done the traditional 'academic' subjects to test your academic ability or have you done the more practical based subjects? Have a chat with your teachers and ask them for an honest opinion on what you are likely to achieve. Maybe consider a middle ranking law school as an 'insurance' option as well?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (19)
29.69%
No - I have already returned home (8)
12.5%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (13)
20.31%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (4)
6.25%
No - I live at home during term anyway (20)
31.25%

Watched Threads