SS__
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys,

I’m currently staying at uni accommodation for my 2nd year. My Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after 5-10 mins. I use my PS4 to play with friends but it’s kinda hard when I disconnect every 10-20 mins throughout the day.

Is there anything I can do or should I report the issue to service provider?

Thanks
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SS__)
Hey guys,

I’m currently staying at uni accommodation for my 2nd year. My Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after 5-10 mins. I use my PS4 to play with friends but it’s kinda hard when I disconnect every 10-20 mins throughout the day.

Thanks
I would firstly speak to the maintenance team at your accommodation. Maybe there's a known fault with the connection. If that fails to do anything, then maybe you could get a wifi extender? That helped me in my student flat when I was far away from the router. You're unlikely to be able to speak to the service provider with much luck as you'll need the account details etc. which your accommodation would have, not you.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SS__)
Hey guys,

Thanks
Reset the wifi, i the problem persists complain. I had a similar issue with Glide once. It didn't get resolved until they sent an engineer to replace a hardware fault.

I lived with the problem for way too long, they didn't do anything till I put my foot down & demanded they resolve the issue.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SS__)
Hey guys,

Thanks
If reporting the issue to maintenance doesn't work, then try using an ethernet cable, as that can help stabilise the connection.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.51%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.74%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads