The Student Room Group

Cambridge Entrance Exams - HSPSAA and APAA

Hello, I'm a hopeful applicant for Cambridge 2022 cycle.

I'm from Canada, and I am unsure what the "APAA" entrance exam is. I have asked questions and browsed this blog to understand that certain colleges require the HSPSAA if I apply. Certain current applicants have also mentioned about the APAA test. However, I have absolutely no idea on what the parameters of the APAA is. When I went onto Cambridge website for the HSPS outline, there was no mention of the APAA being a preinterview or an interview assessment.
There is no APAA test as far as I can see. The HSPSAA also doesn't seem to exist. Both of these most likely refer to at-interview assessments you might be required to take depending on the college you apply to.
(edited 3 years ago)
The pre-interview assessment for the HSPS course was the AHAA (Arts and Humanities Admissions Assessment). This was for the 2019/2020 cycle. Before that, there was the HSPSAA which is the HSPS Admissions Assessment, for before 2019/2020 cycle. For the 2020/2021 cycle (and I'm presuming the cycle after that as well) there will be no pre-interview assessments for HSPS. However, some colleges (e.g. King's) may have at interview assessment.

I hope that helps.
Original post by DOXL4
Hello, I'm a hopeful applicant for Cambridge 2022 cycle.

I'm from Canada, and I am unsure what the "APAA" entrance exam is. I have asked questions and browsed this blog to understand that certain colleges require the HSPSAA if I apply. Certain current applicants have also mentioned about the APAA test. However, I have absolutely no idea on what the parameters of the APAA is. When I went onto Cambridge website for the HSPS outline, there was no mention of the APAA being a preinterview or an interview assessment.

Hi!
I'm speaking from applying for 2021, but for HSPS I do not need to do any at-interview or pre-interview tests or exams. I do not know if that is the same as you as you are from Canada! But for applicants this year there are no tests!
Hope I was of some help! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by thirtycmruler
The pre-interview assessment for the HSPS course was the AHAA (Arts and Humanities Admissions Assessment). This was for the 2019/2020 cycle. Before that, there was the HSPSAA which is the HSPS Admissions Assessment, for before 2019/2020 cycle. For the 2020/2021 cycle (and I'm presuming the cycle after that as well) there will be no pre-interview assessments for HSPS. However, some colleges (e.g. King's) may have at interview assessment.

I hope that helps.

thank you so much, i guess at this point I'm just confusing myself 😅
Reply 5
Did anyone here apply for HSPS at Newnham?
Reply 6
Original post by Hafsa.r
Did anyone here apply for HSPS at Newnham?

hi yes omg me how are you prepping for the admissions test on tue?
Reply 7
Original post by daizu

I literally have no clue, just keeping up to date with current events as much as I can! Do you know what the timings could be for interview on the 14th/15th?
Reply 8
Original post by daizu

Trying to write out essays wbu
Reply 9
Original post by Abby27
I literally have no clue, just keeping up to date with current events as much as I can! Do you know what the timings could be for interview on the 14th/15th?

I have no clue. Do you know if the interviews will be on one of the days or both days?
Reply 10
Original post by Hafsa.r
I have no clue. Do you know if the interviews will be on one of the days or both days?

no clue too lmaooo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending