yourn1000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello!

I am currently a University student in second year, I'm unhappy with my course as I find it very difficult and it really doesn't work with my skillset. I'm withdrawing from the course because I've already used my gift year to get past year 1.

I'm 24 and I was recently diagnosed with ASD, I've been unhappy as I was pressured by my family to pick a degree otherwise if I wasn't improving then I'd be kicked out.

I've done a level 3 already but I want to go back to college to pick something I actually like. I want to be a Motor mechanic, I don't have much money and I've already racked up 39k worth of debt by student finance.

What's the chances of me being able to get funding for College ?

I don't have a job because I've been in full time education since I've left school. I got kicked out because I had many meltdowns before I knew that it was melt downs so I finished with no GCSE's so I've been at a disadvantage for most of my educational life.

I've tried for apprenticeships but because I have not a single experience towards that industry I keep getting rejected.

I don't know where to move on from here.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yourn1000)
Hello!

I am currently a University student in second year, I'm unhappy with my course as I find it very difficult and it really doesn't work with my skillset. I'm withdrawing from the course because I've already used my gift year to get past year 1.

I'm 24 and I was recently diagnosed with ASD, I've been unhappy as I was pressured by my family to pick a degree otherwise if I wasn't improving then I'd be kicked out.

I've done a level 3 already but I want to go back to college to pick something I actually like. I want to be a Motor mechanic, I don't have much money and I've already racked up 39k worth of debt by student finance.

What's the chances of me being able to get funding for College ?

I don't have a job because I've been in full time education since I've left school. I got kicked out because I had many meltdowns before I knew that it was melt downs so I finished with no GCSE's so I've been at a disadvantage for most of my educational life.

I've tried for apprenticeships but because I have not a single experience towards that industry I keep getting rejected.

I don't know where to move on from here.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!
Hi, you can get funding for a college course/further education course.

You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan http://ow.ly/7LGy30oSeKg - your previous higher education study does not affect your eligibility for this loan.
You can search for eligible courses here https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/find-a-course
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (492)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (610)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed