Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am writing here in regard to my father who is really abnormal. I don't want to create a negative sense before I describe his actions, but he really is peculiar.

So he is usually really loving. He is really funny too. Anyone who talks to him really likes him, and he doesn't have any issues with anyone around him. However, his behavior shifts in a split of a second when it is just our family in the house.

Well, actually, when it is our family he goes from 0 to 100 and he gets so mad about something. For example, when I wear sweatpants for several weeks (thanks covid) he jokes about it for a couple days, and we all get a good laugh. Then, today, he comes back from work and he looks at me and aggressively says "your not even acknowledging that I got home," which to me, I literally had no idea that he was in his room until he came out because the doorbell rang. I said "I didn't know your were home," and then he says its time for you to get beat up.

He then tells me to get out of the house and tells me that he is embarrassed that I walk around with the sweatpants because I look like ****, and he is embarrassed because of me that I met our neighbor yesterday looking like this. Before things got more serious (because my mom wasn't in our house)

Usually, we have happy periods, where we joke around and such, and then all of a sudden he gets aggressive and mad and stressed and beats me up.When I lament about it, he continues to deny and never apologizes.

Then it is the same cycle again and again. I know that this shifts from the regular form of normality, but I have fully come in peace within myself that he is not normal and that I just have to live my own life until I can fully financially support myself.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am writing here in regard to my father who is really abnormal. I don't want to create a negative sense before I describe his actions, but he really is peculiar.

So he is usually really loving. He is really funny too. Anyone who talks to him really likes him, and he doesn't have any issues with anyone around him. However, his behavior shifts in a split of a second when it is just our family in the house.

Well, actually, when it is our family he goes from 0 to 100 and he gets so mad about something. For example, when I wear sweatpants for several weeks (thanks covid) he jokes about it for a couple days, and we all get a good laugh. Then, today, he comes back from work and he looks at me and aggressively says "your not even acknowledging that I got home," which to me, I literally had no idea that he was in his room until he came out because the doorbell rang. I said "I didn't know your were home," and then he says its time for you to get beat up.

He then tells me to get out of the house and tells me that he is embarrassed that I walk around with the sweatpants because I look like ****, and he is embarrassed because of me that I met our neighbor yesterday looking like this. Before things got more serious (because my mom wasn't in our house)

Usually, we have happy periods, where we joke around and such, and then all of a sudden he gets aggressive and mad and stressed and beats me up.When I lament about it, he continues to deny and never apologizes.

Then it is the same cycle again and again. I know that this shifts from the regular form of normality, but I have fully come in peace within myself that he is not normal and that I just have to live my own life until I can fully financially support myself.
You and I have the same problems. My mum could be like 100 happy, having a good laugh and from a second she would be extremely mad for something and SHOUT and leave the room or telling everyone to shut up. I always told her she is bipolar and has anger issues cause its not normal and she told me she was going to therapy. But she is going there to talk about her exes rather than about her real problems! She’s always focusing on men rather than her own daughter. I found out that she had a horrible childhood, but she was making me go through the same horrible stuff! So, yh maybe your father is not okay. But, have you not think maybe its because something really bad happened to him? A bad experience? A bad childhood?
Anonymous #1
You and I have the same problems. My mum could be like 100 happy, having a good laugh and from a second she would be extremely mad for something and SHOUT and leave the room or telling everyone to shut up. I always told her she is bipolar and has anger issues cause its not normal and she told me she was going to therapy. But she is going there to talk about her exes rather than about her real problems! She’s always focusing on men rather than her own daughter. I found out that she had a horrible childhood, but she was making me go through the same horrible stuff! So, yh maybe your father is not okay. But, have you not think maybe its because something really bad happened to him? A bad experience? A bad childhood?
yeah he said he was sexually assaulted twice during his childhood and grew up extremely poor. I tried to tell him he needs therapy and he beat me up that my mouth started bleeding. My mom doesn't do anything its like I'm his bean bag for punching and he tells me that I'm his "slave" and "property" i feel so trapped sometimes and i always have my guard up when i talk to new people and have trust issues
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
yeah he said he was sexually assaulted twice during his childhood and grew up extremely poor. I tried to tell him he needs therapy and he beat me up that my mouth started bleeding. My mom doesn't do anything its like I'm his bean bag for punching and he tells me that I'm his "slave" and "property" i feel so trapped sometimes and i always have my guard up when i talk to new people and have trust issues
Have you not think in telling school? Like if he’s abusing you like this it’s important that you tell someone. You can do it anonymously. Sometimes situations can’t be controlled and it’s not your fault neither his, your dad can’t release what he is doing as well as my mum. They are not in the acceptance stage yet, but your situation seems more aggressive
Anonymous #1
Have you not think in telling school? Like if he’s abusing you like this it’s important that you tell someone. You can do it anonymously. Sometimes situations can’t be controlled and it’s not your fault neither his, your dad can’t release what he is doing as well as my mum. They are not in the acceptance stage yet, but your situation seems more aggressive
Thanks for being so sensible and kind. I hope you really figure things out with your mum, but it sounds like you have more patience and understanding than I do, so I have no doubt you will.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for being so sensible and kind. I hope you really figure things out with your mum, but it sounds like you have more patience and understanding than I do, so I have no doubt you will.
And I hope everything gets well with your dad too. Right now it seems like everything its hard (because it is) but in the future we both we’ll be mentally healthy and with our own home with less toxicity✨
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (553)
34.03%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (670)
41.23%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (329)
20.25%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise