My year in industry was at Nationwide Building Society - AMA

Watch
prostheticzeta
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't think many people realise that NBS offers grad schemes and industrial placements. So feel free to ask my anything.
achieve526kk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just did the naton nbaking online asseme i applied for graduate role at Nationwide banking societynt why are critical deductive reason so hard
prostheticzeta
Rep:
?
(Original post by achieve526kk)
I just did the naton nbaking online asseme i applied for graduate role at Nationwide banking societynt why are critical deductive reason so hard
What program did you apply for? They have quite a sophisticated algorithm in place that calculates individuals potential and suitability to the firms culture. Don’t be disheartened if you didn’t get through, as they may not be the best match for you. But if you did, well done! They are really picky!
achieve526kk
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thankyou very much for your advice what schemes you applied for if may not mind asking
DarkEnergy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey any tips for the video interview please?
Last edited by DarkEnergy; 1 month ago
prostheticzeta
Rep:
?
(Original post by achieve526kk)
Thankyou very much for your advice what schemes you applied for if may not mind asking
I applied for their Change & Digital scheme. Personally, I think it’s the most developed scheme they have, but I’m probably biased . All schemes are really good there, you get to pick up many qualifications and meet and work with some super senior people! They like to keep their placement students for the grad scheme. Career progression there is very flexible, so It’s not like In other financial companies where you have to follow a strict structure.
prostheticzeta
Rep:
?
(Original post by DarkEnergy)
Hey any tips for the video interview please?
What scheme did you apply for?

I would reaalllly, like really look at their competencies and PRIDE values. That’s what they assess on. They want to hire someone that will match the culture and hold the same values. So show empathy, your passions... show how you like “doing the right thing” and “inspire trust” etc..
achieve526kk
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by prostheticzeta)
I applied for their Change & Digital scheme. Personally, I think it’s the most developed scheme they have, but I’m probably biased . All schemes are really good there, you get to pick up many qualifications and meet and work with some super senior people! They like to keep their placement students for the grad scheme. Career progression there is very flexible, so It’s not like In other financial companies where you have to follow a strict structure.
wow you sound very intelectually able what was your degree discipline trying pass these online assessment are crazy hypothetical judgmental situation scenatrios, deductive appitide , logical numerical critical reasoing skills omg so challenging
amyy2020
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for the advice! I have just completed the online assessments and I've been invited to the video interview, its only 15 minutes and they want to get to know me better, any idea of what sort of questions they will ask? Thanks
DarkEnergy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What scheme did you apply for?

I would reaalllly, like really look at their competencies and PRIDE values. That’s what they assess on. They want to hire someone that will match the culture and hold the same values. So show empathy, your passions... show how you like “doing the right thing” and “inspire trust” etc..
I applied for the Change scheme.

And thank you. I'm going to be doing my video interview today.

Edit: Just done my interview. How long did you wait to hear back after doing your video interview?
Last edited by DarkEnergy; 1 month ago
amyy2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied for the Change scheme.

And thank you. I'm going to be doing my video interview today.

Edit: Just done my interview. How long did you wait to hear back after doing your video interview?
How long did the interview take and what style questions were you asked?
prostheticzeta
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How did you guys get on?
DarkEnergy
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
How did you guys get on?
Got through to assessment centre. Any tips please?
prostheticzeta
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Got through to assessment centre. Any tips please?
Nice one! So when I did my AC, it was split into 3 activities:
1st - escape room (group excercise)
2nd - 45 min interview
3rd - case study where you had to workout and prepare for a investment pitch (think dragons den)

Everything is competency based. But please familiarise yourself on PRIDE values, and what a building society is (eg, what is a mutual)

Don’t be too pushy in the group exercise, but still play an active role, be supportive and present ideas to the table by listening to everyone else
And lead the team, rather than dominate the team (hope that make sense lol)

It’s about being a team player in these, but you also need to display leadership and confidence. The confidence can be displayed in the case study, leadership in the group and just be yourself in the interview.
Make sure to ask questions at the end and feel free to ask whether you answered to their questions correctly , as they understand not that everyone has had interview practise in the past
DarkEnergy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
-
That's really helpful. Thank you!
LCronk
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
How soon after the online assessments did you get invited to do the video interview? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (632)
33.53%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (794)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (374)
19.84%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed