Asiuolnella
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
i’m going to fail a level maths, i do all the work and revise but i never understand anything
does anyone have any good resources or tips for not failing
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
W

(Original post by Asiuolnella)
i’m going to fail a level maths, i do all the work and revise but i never understand anything
What is it exactly you are struggling with. i was rreally bad at maths too but managed to get A* so pm if you need help
username5256148
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I’m not sure what your revision technique is at the moment but I think to do well in maths, it’s important to do questions instead of making notes and trying to remember them. Just complete every single question in your textbooks and do every past paper (make sure to understand where you went wrong in a question + how to fix it) - you’ll familiarise yourself with these different questions and techniques to solve them. Good luck!
Asiuolnella
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by tbi_zlx)
W

What is it exactly you are struggling with. i was rreally bad at maths too but managed to get A* so pm if you need help
some of the a2 stuff i really don’t understand, it doesn’t help that i’ve barely been in school, i’m struggling with functions at the minuite
*****deadness
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Maybe you can try easier examples of simple functions first to get an idea of how they work. The end goal is exam questions but working through easier questions can be a good idea.
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
some of the a2 stuff i really don’t understand, it doesn’t help that i’ve barely been in school, i’m struggling with functions at the minuite
Ahhhh fair enough pm me lemme see if i can help cos i got A* in maths so ill try dig up whatever i can for you
Qxi.xli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I feel u rn😞 just made a post abt feeling sad abt it 😅😭😬
unknownm123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by tbi_zlx)
Ahhhh fair enough pm me lemme see if i can help cos i got A* in maths so ill try dig up whatever i can for you
How is a level maths. I want to do it at a level but I’m not sure. how did you do at a level
*****deadness
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by unknownm123)
How is a level maths. I want to do it at a level but I’m not sure. how did you do at a level
You weren't asking me but anyway. A level maths was fine enough for me. It was fine until towards the end of AS which I found a bit stressful, and at that time the only subject I was doing was single maths. But after that it started getting better. I did do well in GCSE though
unknownm123
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by *****deadness)
You weren't asking me but anyway. A level maths was fine enough for me. It was fine until towards the end of AS which I found a bit stressful, and at that time the only subject I was doing was single maths. But after that it started getting better. I did do well in GCSE though
What did you end up getting? You don’t have to say if you don’t want to
*****deadness
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by unknownm123)
What did you end up getting? You don’t have to say if you don’t want to
I’ll say it because I got a great mark in it, and so I won’t be bashed by the geniuses on here. High A* for maths and predicted A* for further maths
unknownm123
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by *****deadness)
I’ll say it because I got a great mark in it, and so I won’t be bashed by the geniuses on here. High A* for maths and predicted A* for further maths
Thank you! I’m thinking about doing it next year at a level
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (38)
22.22%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (83)
48.54%
I'm unsure (50)
29.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed