Best universities for Management courses

Watch
johnfrommichigan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Guys, Could anyone please tell me the name of the good universities for Management courses? The universities can be an RG or non-RG. Or could anyone please tell me at least the region of the UK which houses good universities for the Management courses?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In simple terms no-one else can choose a Uni course for you. You do actually have to do this yourself.
What grade predictions do you have? What sort of course do you want to do? What sort of Uni do you want to study at?
You need to get on University websites, do your research and work this out.

How to Avoid 5 Rejections - worth reading : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by johnfrommichigan)
Guys, Could anyone please tell me the name of the good universities for Management courses? The universities can be an RG or non-RG. Or could anyone please tell me at least the region of the UK which houses good universities for the Management courses?
Hi johnfrommichigan

Which type of management are you interested in? Business management, Human Resource management etc.

At Hull there is both Business Management and Business Management with Human Resource Management available (in addition to Business Management with many other options; marketing, finance, sustainability).

I completed my Business Management with Marketing degree this year. I really enjoyed my experience at Hull for a multitude of reasons. Primarily I found the staff to go above and beyond for students, after hearing horror stories in sixth form about university lecturers never having time for students, I was incredibly pleased to find that this wasn't the case at Hull and that everyone was really helpful. I also enjoyed the opportunities available to students including competitions, exchange trips, study abroad and placement year. I found that obtaining a placement year was a great opportunity to put the degree into practice in addition to gaining work experience to stand out in the job market.
Another thing that attracted me to Hull was their usage of live projects where real organisations brief the students on a task, requesting them to help with an issue they're currently facing and the students have to come up with a solution as their assignment. The top students from these tasks are often asked to present to the organisation with one student being offered a job a few years ago as a result!

I hope this helps and if you have anything further you'd like to know then please do just @ me!

Take care,
Millie
Student Rep
Arden University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi johnfrommichigan,

We have a number of business/management courses at Arden University, some of which are accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), which could be something to look for at other universities too. Alongside your Undergraduate Degree you'll get a CMI Level 5 qualification in Management and Leadership, which is industry-recognised and a fast-track route toward Chartered Manager status. You’ll have free CMI Membership throughout your studies, giving you access to a range of resources including a mentoring service and UK networking events. Here's a link to our business & management courses: https://arden.ac.uk/our-courses/subj...ess-management

If you would like to get a taster for our Business degree, you can watch a taster webinar we ran earlier this year here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rec...02387484157197

Hope that might be interesting to you.

Amy
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do not apply to Arden University.

Its a commercial for-profit distance learning outfit based in an office-block in Coventry.
It has zero academic credibility.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lancaster has a good management school so I would check out their website but it all depends on your predicted grades etc so you haven't really given enough information to work with.

This could be a very basic starting point

https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...gement-studies
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi johnfrommichigan,

Have you considered Coventry University?

We offer a wide range of management degrees, including Business Management, Events Management, Sports Management or Aviation Management. You can find a full list here: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-...ment&level=140

Our Business Management degree is recognised as top 26 in the country (out of 97) in the Guardian League Table 2021. We offer our students plenty of employability support and opportunities, such as networking events, help with application and placements with our partners! From my experience, lecturers are always extremely helpful and they reply to your emails promptly and are always more than happy to offer some additional guidance.

Coventry University adopts a practical approach to learning and, as such, offer its Business Management students a business simulation suite where you can develop and apply your business skills in a practical setting.

I know choosing a right University can be quite a challenge but I think attending an open day and speaking with lecturers and current students will help you make up your mind. We have a virtual open day coming on 10 November, you can sign up here: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-...our-open-days/

I hope you find it helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions about Coventry University and I am more than happy to answer them here!

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
Arden University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Do not apply to Arden University.

Its a commercial for-profit distance learning outfit based in an office-block in Coventry.
It has zero academic credibility.
Hi McGinger,

We are sincerely saddened to hear of your negative impressions of Arden University. We do all we can to ensure high standards. Whilst it is true that we are a “for-profit” organisation, this does not mean we care less about our students nor does it mean we have “zero academic credibility”. We do offer Distance Learning but also face to face study programmes in our study centres in the UK and Europe. We have been successfully assessed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) and the various professional, statutory and regulatory bodies that apply to Higher Education Institutions in the UK. We are also proud of our hard earnt University status that is regulated by the Office for Students and continue to strive to be better for and with our students.

Team Arden
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (61)
27.73%
No - I have already returned home (25)
11.36%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
22.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
9.55%
No - I live at home during term anyway (63)
28.64%

Watched Threads