The Student Room Group

Which ethnicities do white women and men like to date?

in the UK of course.
Yes
I'm a white man. I'll date any race if the individual is attractive. But white Northern-Europeans tend to be the most attractive on average for me
Reply 3
Do you honestly think 'white people' are an amorphous mass with a single opinion? Or that people are necessarily that bothered about what race someone is?

My family is white, I have 4 children and their current partners are Chinese, Afro-Caribbean, Iranian and White. I don't think anyone them went out looking for any of these particular races.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
Do you honestly think 'white people' are an amorphous mass with a single opinion? Or that people are necessarily that bothered about what race someone is?

My family is white, I have 4 children and their current partners are Chinese, Afro-Caribbean, Iranian and White. I don't think anyone them went out looking for any of these particular races.

there are studies I have seen which do show that race does play an important factor.

I've done a few experiments as well on dating sites, and race definitely matters..
Reply 5
Original post by ANM775
there are studies I have seen which do show that race does play an important factor.

I've done a few experiments as well on dating sites, and race definitely matters..

I agree it matters to some people but suggesting that 'white people' will all have the same opinion is ridiculous.
(edited 3 years ago)
Well I'm just basing these views on stereotypes and stuff, oh and the following is only talking about heterosexual men and women btw.

I think, just like other races, most white people are probably most attracted to their own race. That's just how things are, especially since in white countries white beauty ideals are more pushed on us than beauty ideals of people from other cultures or ethnicities.

But then after that, I guess stereotypically white women are probably more into black men than white men are into black women, and white men are probably more into Asian women more than white women are into Asian men.

I think these days though, I would think that most white people aren't opposed to dating other races, as they don't tend to feel they have to marry someone of the same race/religion/ethnicity to preserve their culture or anything.
It depends on the specific individuals, their attraction orientation and personal preferences.
Different people have different dating deal-breakers, priorities, beauty standards and personal preferences.

Some highly looks orientated people are only attracted to a type or physical look and will only be sexually interested in those who conform to it.
For example: accent, body shape, eye/hair colour, skin complexion and height.
Others are more personality & compatible lifestyle orientated.
More focused upon shared values elements like: academic background, attitude towards family involvement, citizenship status, diet, employment, inheritance income, personal ambitions, politics, religious beliefs, standard of living.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending