Turbo321
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This really is a hypothetical question since I'm not in yet and don't have a dog!
But....if I was accepted as officer aircrew, at what part of my career could a pet dog join you? I'm presuming its after graduation at IOT??
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Turbo321)
This really is a hypothetical question since I'm not in yet and don't have a dog!
But....if I was accepted as officer aircrew, at what part of my career could a pet dog join you? I'm presuming its after graduation at IOT??
It would be unlikely that any Mess would allow a dog to stay, so you'd need to be renting privately off base. If you're in the flying training system you'll be moving around, so that's a pretty big complication. Not to mention the working hours aren't really conducive (or fair) for dog ownership.

Understand the questions, but you're getting way ahead of yourself here! Work on the first steps first. Worry about the 57th step later.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Echoing what Drewski says:

Pets are allowed in the Mess at the discretion of the Station Commander, so you might get a yes at one base and be stuck if you get a no on your next posting.

Flying training or in a pilot role in future, you're not necessarily going to be doing a working day where you can go back at lunchtime to sort out a dog, and what would you do if on a course, exercise or deployment?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed