The Student Room Group

Should I support my ex at his football game?

Me and my boyfriend broke up two days ago and he’s begging for me to go to his football game on Friday because I’m his ‘lucky charm’ whilst also asking for a second chance. Should I go and support him still?
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my boyfriend broke up two days ago and he’s begging for me to go to his football game on Friday because I’m his ‘lucky charm’ whilst also asking for a second chance. Should I go and support him still?

hey, well i can kinda relate to this...me and my boyfriend also just broke up but he still wants me to go to his football games still. although the reason we broke up was because he was cheating and it really hurts seeing him kissing his new gf after the football games. i do go to support him but its tough sometimes. also he is not asking for a second chance. as far as still going, i would base that off of the relationship that you guys had while you were together. was it good, toxic, beneficial and go from there. hope this helps!!

Is this the same person whos boyrfriend is begging for second chance
Original post by sarahgrace03
hey, well i can kinda relate to this...me and my boyfriend also just broke up but he still wants me to go to his football games still. although the reason we broke up was because he was cheating and it really hurts seeing him kissing his new gf after the football games. i do go to support him but its tough sometimes. also he is not asking for a second chance. as far as still going, i would base that off of the relationship that you guys had while you were together. was it good, toxic, beneficial and go from there. hope this helps!!

Ohhh that's awful. Ur such a nice person I would never go to my ex's games if he cheated on me, I would probably never speak to him again. Can I ask why do u go to support him if he doesn't care about ur feelings anymore?

I guess go to his games but don't jump at the second chance just yet, wait and see what happens
Original post by spectrum84
Ohhh that's awful. Ur such a nice person I would never go to my ex's games if he cheated on me, I would probably never speak to him again. Can I ask why do u go to support him if he doesn't care about ur feelings anymore?

thats a great question...well ya see, people that i really care about, i cant stop caring about them. and we had a great relationship and its still quite fresh the breakup so i still have those caring feelings. yea its really tough.
No. Go only if you actually enjoy watching the teams play.

thats a great question...well ya see, people that i really care about, i cant stop caring about them. and we had a great relationship and its still quite fresh the breakup so i still have those caring feelings. yea its really tough.

Don't be a people pleaser. Won't this hurt you more in the long term?
yes it will, i also understand not being a people pleaser. i am proud that i have boundaries tho when someone hurts me!!!

Honey you need to stop. You’re not going to get over him if you’re going to his games and watching him with his ex - give yourself some space, you don’t need to see that.

Why did you break up? Do you want to
get back with him?
Original post by AnnaBananana
Why did you break up? Do you want to
get back with him?

we broke up because we were arguing and it wasn’t working. yes I still want to be with him but I just have a weird feeling
yes it will, i also understand not being a people pleaser. i am proud that i have boundaries tho when someone hurts me!!!

Very lax boundaries if you are going to your ex's game when he asked you to even after he cheated on you ...
Sorry, you do what's best for you.
its not just him that i go and see tho. i have other friends on the team as well as friends with some of the cheerleaders. i also love football so i dont mind going to see the game.
I have agreed kind of because he’s like please just let me show to you some im seeing how much effort he puts in etc
its not just him that i go and see tho. i have other friends on the team as well as friends with some of the cheerleaders. i also love football so i dont mind going to see the game.

Ah you made jt sound like it was for him mainly

lol he sounds like a c**t. What a waste of time supporting someone who did that to you. :laugh: You could be doing something for yourself instead.

You said on TSR before that he did not want you to watch him playing football?
I have agreed kind of because he’s like please just let me show to you some im seeing how much effort he puts in etc

Maybe he thinks his football skills will impress you and make you come back to him. I bet he has a fantasy where he scores a hat-trick and his team is cheering for him and then you come running over to kiss him :laugh:
ohh my bad, no it wasnt just for him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending