o_rose
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone received an offer for law yet?
I’ve recieved one from Exeter but nothing yet from Bristol, Cambridge, Durham or Nottingham
Anyone else?
Last edited by o_rose; 1 month ago
o_rose
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Received* not recurved haha
Last edited by o_rose; 1 month ago
lcfm123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by o_rose)
Received* not recurved haha
I don't think LNAT results are shared with universities until today (the 'first batch' is released on 21st) so for LNAT unis I would not worry. Cambridge is obviously different so nobody would have an offer yet (just an acknowledgement of application). Apparently Nottingham offers quite early after the LNAT results are released, so watch out for that (although again, probably changes each year). Bristol apparently offer a bit later (maybe Jan?) just going from what I have seen on TSR.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bristol will start to make offers as soon as they have the first LNAT results which is usually early November.
However they make offers gradually working their way down the list of applicant scores, so you may have to wait depending on how strong both your application and LNAT score are.

You wont get a decision from Cambridge until January - no-one does.
dexterity101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Bristol will start to make offers as soon as they have the first LNAT results which is usually early November.
However they make offers gradually working their way down the list of applicant scores, so you may have to wait depending on how strong both your application and LNAT score are.

You wont get a decision from Cambridge until January - no-one does.
Bristol got our LNAT results today though, so do you think they'll start giving out offers soon?

Also, when you say working down the list you mean best applicants getting offers sooner, right?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dexterity101)
Bristol got our LNAT results today though, so do you think they'll start giving out offers soon?

Also, when you say working down the list you mean best applicants getting offers sooner, right?
It'll take them a few days to load the results onto their system and read/score the initial LNAT essays. All applications will be scored as they come in. They then add that all together - GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40%. Applications are ranked in score order, and they will start making offers to the top people on the list. As more applications come in and are scored etc they will add these to the list and then gradually lower the score required for an offer. This is how most Universities treat courses that are as competitive as Law, its not specific to Bristol - other LNAT Unis will be doing pretty similar stuff.
dexterity101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
It'll take them a few days to load the results onto their system and read/score the initial LNAT essays. All applications will be scored as they come in. They then add that all together - GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40%. Applications are ranked in score order, and they will start making offers to the top people on the list. As more applications come in and are scored etc they will add these to the list and then gradually lower the score required for an offer. This is how most Universities treat courses that are as competitive as Law, its not specific to Bristol - other LNAT Unis will be doing pretty similar stuff.
I didn't know that, thank you so much! It's very insightful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (124)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.27%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (86)
19.68%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.15%
No - I live at home during term anyway (129)
29.52%

Watched Threads