Diagnostic radiography entry requirements - physics

Watch
Lay89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi
I am currently studying on a HE access to science as advised by SGU, however my course is now not covering physics!? Is it possible to get in with 3 other science subjects and no physics? (biology, chemistry and psychology) Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by Lay89; 1 month ago
themagics1992
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lay89)
I am currently studying on a HE access to science as advised by SGU, however my course is now not covering physics!? Is it possible to get in with 3 other science subjects and no physics? (biology, chemistry and psychology) Any advice would be greatly appreciated
https://digital.ucas.com/coursedispl...y-requirements

'' including at least 9 credits in Physics '' you should of read the full college criteria what they will be studying before applying and enrolling.
what college are you doing the Access course at now?
Lay89
Rep:
?
Guildford college. Yes it should have been covering physics as it also advertises on the website the course is for people looking to do radiography. But they have decided to drop physics as there is only a couple of people wanting to do it. I have just spoken to someone about doing online "top up" accentis credits online alongside the access course. Do you think that is something SGUL would accept?
themagics1992
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lay89)
Guildford college. Yes it should have been covering physics as it also advertises on the website the course is for people looking to do radiography. But they have decided to drop physics as there is only a couple of people wanting to do it. I have just spoken to someone about doing online "top up" accentis credits online alongside the access course. Do you think that is something SGUL would accept?
You need to ring them asap
Lay89
Rep:
?
Yes I did try to get through today, have emailed but will try and call again tomorrow
St George's, University of London
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lay89)
hi
Hi there Lay89,

I can imagine this is really frustrating for you. As advised above, definitely keep trying to contact the admissions team via email/phone, and ensure you explain the full story to them, including the fact that you signed up to a course that included physics but now doesn't, and they should be able to help. If you can't get through after repeated attempts, let us know by tagging this account and we can send off some emails to try to get you a response.

Best wishes,
Lauren
3rd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
_alex_ewing_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lay89)
hi
When I applied last year all 5 of my unis required me to have done both maths and physics. Its worth emailing the uni explaining the situation but I doubt you'll be allowed since a level knowledge is a must.
Lay89
Rep:
?
(Original post by _alex_ewing_)
When I applied last year all 5 of my unis required me to have done both maths and physics. Its worth emailing the uni explaining the situation but I doubt you'll be allowed since a level knowledge is a must.
What level of Maths did you need?
Lay89
Rep:
?
(Original post by St George's, University of London)
Hi there Lay89,

I can imagine this is really frustrating for you. As advised above, definitely keep trying to contact the admissions team via email/phone, and ensure you explain the full story to them, including the fact that you signed up to a course that included physics but now doesn't, and they should be able to help. If you can't get through after repeated attempts, let us know by tagging this account and we can send off some emails to try to get you a response.

Best wishes,
Lauren
3rd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
Thank you I am now in touch with the admissions team
themagics1992
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lay89)
What level of Maths did you need?
I'd presume GCSE level grade 5/6 + it may vary from Uni to Uni don't quote me on exact just for medical school you don't need A level math so unlikely you'd need it for this so GCSE should be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
28.26%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (61)
18.94%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.94%
No - I live at home during term anyway (95)
29.5%

Watched Threads