I fall asleep while eating

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It happens now and again when you are just eating then you fall asleep. I was just eating my dinner yesterday evening and I fell asleep then work up hours later really confused thinking why am I in the kitchen is it a prank or something but I just fell asleep while eating. I still had food in my hand as well it’s just so weird.
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It happens now and again when you are just eating then you fall asleep. I was just eating my dinner yesterday evening and I fell asleep then work up hours later really confused thinking why am I in the kitchen is it a prank or something but I just fell asleep while eating. I still had food in my hand as well it’s just so weird.
Hello, from the description of your symptoms, it may be the case that you have began to suffer from a sleep disorder called narcolepsy, which is characterized by overwhelming daytime drowsiness and sudden attacks of sleep. Here are some useful links were you can read more about this condition to see if it applies to you: Narcolepsy description, symptoms, and causes; https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/narcolepsy/. If you are concerned about your sleeping habits and/or your health in general, I would advise that you speak to a health professional as soon as possible (your GP would be your first point of contact), to receive a formal diagnosis and enquire about your treatment options. At this point it is important not to panic, and to remember that only a trained doctor can actually evaluate your symptoms and decide on the appropriate approach to manage them.

I hope you get the help you need. Let me know if you have any questions that I might be able to help you with

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by University of Sussex Official Reps)
Hello, from the description of your symptoms, it may be the case that you have began to suffer from a sleep disorder called narcolepsy, which is characterized by overwhelming daytime drowsiness and sudden attacks of sleep. Here are some useful links were you can read more about this condition to see if it applies to you: Narcolepsy description, symptoms, and causes; https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/narcolepsy/. If you are concerned about your sleeping habits and/or your health in general, I would advise that you speak to a health professional as soon as possible (your GP would be your first point of contact), to receive a formal diagnosis and enquire about your treatment options. At this point it is important not to panic, and to remember that only a trained doctor can actually evaluate your symptoms and decide on the appropriate approach to manage them.

I hope you get the help you need. Let me know if you have any questions that I might be able to help you with

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
Or they could be having seizures, or could just be super sleep deprived and falling asleep because they are tired. Definitely worth speaking to GP if this is a recurrent issue.
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yes, that's very true. There are multiple potential causes for the described symptoms. Hence speaking to a professional is the best course of action

Kasia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (18)
30.51%
Take a gap year (14)
23.73%
Resit my exams (9)
15.25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (8)
13.56%
I don't know yet (7)
11.86%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.08%

Watched Threads