I tested positive for covid last night AMA

Watch
A+B+C
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm bored, being off work isn't fun so thought I'd do an AMA to kill time

I was drinking with someone from work, the next morning their NHS track and trace app tells them to isolate due to a possible Covid exposure. I got a test as a precaution and stayed off work. Less than 24 hours later I get told by email I'm positive.

So that's the basic shortened version of what happened, ask me anything, I'm just trying to keep myself busy before I run out of things to binge on netflix
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you have any symptoms?
:hugs:
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is it as bad as they say (from your personal experience so far)?
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A+B+C)
I was drinking with someone from work, the next morning their NHS track and trace app tells them to isolate due to a possible Covid exposure.
Did they test positive? If so, when did they have their test?
A+B+C
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Do you have any symptoms?
:hugs:
I'm on day 4 of having symptoms, maybe day 5.

In the first 3 days, I just had a bit of a cough, but I'd smoked a few times a few nights before so I just attributed it to that. I get hot flushes sometimes too but they are not very bothersome.

Day 4 or 5 whatever today is, is a bit worse. I've got one of those horrible headaches you get when you have a cold and it's taking a little more energy to get out of bed, but overall I'm doing pretty well
A+B+C
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xarao)
Is it as bad as they say (from your personal experience so far)?
No, I've had colds worse than this. Today's been a bit worse (see my other reply) but it's not awful.
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Did they test positive? If so, when did they have their test?
Yes they tested positive, they took their test on the 16th or 17th, whenever Sunday was. They took a drive in test, I ordered mine by post because I'd heard that they can be quite rough with the nose thing at the drive in testing sites.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A+B+C)
Yes they tested positive, they took their test on the 16th or 17th, whenever Sunday was. They took a drive in test, I ordered mine by post because I'd heard that they can be quite rough with the nose thing at the drive in testing sites.
If they had reason to take a test, why weren't they self-isolating? Or did they get tested after the drink?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you think it's all a hoax? :beard:
A+B+C
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
If they had reason to take a test, why weren't they self-isolating? Or did they get tested after the drink?
They got told they had possibly been exposed to Covid via the NHS app the following morning.

(Original post by 04MR17)
Do you think it's all a hoax? :beard:
I can't deny the existence of Covid-19 if I've got it. So I wouldn't call it a hoax. Although I am bias, I might go as far as to say that it's been made to appear worse than it is by the media, but I'm sure the families who have lost loved ones would disagree with me.
PurpleBanshee_.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A+B+C)
I can't deny the existence of Covid-19 if I've got it. So I wouldn't call it a hoax. Although I am bias, I might go as far as to say that it's been made to appear worse than it is by the media, but I'm sure the families who have lost loved ones would disagree with me.
yh I have it rn and it's way worse than your describing. I can barely walk a couple metres, i find it hard to get out of bed, my body aches all over... it's just horrible
A+B+C
Rep:
?
(Original post by PurpleBanshee_.)
yh I have it rn and it's way worse than your describing. I can barely walk a couple metres, i find it hard to get out of bed, my body aches all over... it's just horrible
It affects everyone differently. I'm one of the lucky ones, someone I work with has said she can hardly get out of bed and it took her an hour to wash up because she was out of breath every minute.

How many days into it are you now?
A+B+C
Rep:
?
(Original post by quimslaya)
how many tugs you had so far?
minimum 2 a day, sometimes 3. Hard finding the energy for the 3rd one sometimes though. One night it took so long to find a good video that I gave up and just went to sleep.
Ghostlady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Really does depend on the person. some have had it so lightly they never really knew they had it, and some really bad. I had a different coronavirus last year and it was similar how purple banshee describes it. i couldnt go up the stairs without being tired and our of breath. I believe there are 4 or 5 other common coronavirus about like H1N1 etc.
Daughters self isolating as the whole uni flat come down with it, out on Monday

hope you get better soon a+b+c
PurpleBanshee_.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A+B+C)
It affects everyone differently. I'm one of the lucky ones, someone I work with has said she can hardly get out of bed and it took her an hour to wash up because she was out of breath every minute.

How many days into it are you now?
im only 2 days into it and today I thought it was a bit better but nope..back to a cup of lemsip I go....
summerberry19
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, not a question, but a tip. My mum got Covid a few weeks ago and she was fine for the first 3 or 4 days but it got terrible on the 7th day or so. Please take care and take rest! xxx
A+B+C
Rep:
?
(Original post by summerberry19)
Hey, not a question, but a tip. My mum got Covid a few weeks ago and she was fine for the first 3 or 4 days but it got terrible on the 7th day or so. Please take care and take rest! xxx
Thank you, I'm just trying to stay hydrated and eat well. It's difficult to tell if the muscle pain is due to sitting around for so many days or because of the virus.
summerberry19
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A+B+C)
Thank you, I'm just trying to stay hydrated and eat well. It's difficult to tell if the muscle pain is due to sitting around for so many days or because of the virus.
Aww it’s ok. Could be both, I guess? Are you sleeping ok?
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
how are you today?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ghostlady)
Really does depend on the person. some have had it so lightly they never really knew they had it, and some really bad. I had a different coronavirus last year and it was similar how purple banshee describes it. i couldnt go up the stairs without being tired and our of breath. I believe there are 4 or 5 other common coronavirus about like H1N1 etc.
Daughters self isolating as the whole uni flat come down with it, out on Monday

hope you get better soon a+b+c
H1N1 is the influenza virus, it is not a coronavirus.

Hope you feel better soon, OP! Have you noticed any changes to your taste or smell?
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A+B+C)
I'm bored, being off work isn't fun so thought I'd do an AMA to kill time

I was drinking with someone from work, the next morning their NHS track and trace app tells them to isolate due to a possible Covid exposure. I got a test as a precaution and stayed off work. Less than 24 hours later I get told by email I'm positive.

So that's the basic shortened version of what happened, ask me anything, I'm just trying to keep myself busy before I run out of things to binge on netflix
How old are you?, whats your BMI?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.08%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.12%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (73)
19.16%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.24%
No - I live at home during term anyway (112)
29.4%

Watched Threads