emzzzz.eld
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
guys do you think if i start revising now-year 10, i can finish each subject by year 11
like i mean going through all the topics once more coz i was stupid and am behind on stuff???
pls answer, thankyou
Cathy8
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am in year 11 now and have my mocks in November and my actual GCSE's around June. Most of my year have only just started to revise now, and I think that is perfectly fine. Remember there is a difference between learning and revising. I already know all the content, we have done it multiple times in classes, I am now going over it. I think you could definitely start making any revision materials (flashcards, mind maps, lists, etc..) as then it means you wont need to make them in year 11 - when you will probably prefer to just do solid revision. But you don't really need to start doing practise questions and papers until year 11 if you don't want to. However, not doing revision materials until year 11 is also perfectly fine. Don't worry, you have plenty of time and stressing about it will make it a lot worse

Sorry this has been a bit long, my main point is that in year 10, just focus on understanding the content of lessons and making neat notes that you know you will understand in the future. If you are then happy and have time to make proper revision resources and do some practise questions then go ahead, just don't let it distract you from actually learning the content.
I hope this helps and you do well in your GCSE's.

If you ever need any more help feel free to pm me,
Cathy8
Fummi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Cathy8)
I am in year 11 now and have my mocks in November and my actual GCSE's around June. Most of my year have only just started to revise now, and I think that is perfectly fine. Remember there is a difference between learning and revising. I already know all the content, we have done it multiple times in classes, I am now going over it. I think you could definitely start making any revision materials (flashcards, mind maps, lists, etc..) as then it means you wont need to make them in year 11 - when you will probably prefer to just do solid revision. But you don't really need to start doing practise questions and papers until year 11 if you don't want to. However, not doing revision materials until year 11 is also perfectly fine. Don't worry, you have plenty of time and stressing about it will make it a lot worse

Sorry this has been a bit long, my main point is that in year 10, just focus on understanding the content of lessons and making neat notes that you know you will understand in the future. If you are then happy and have time to make proper revision resources and do some practise questions then go ahead, just don't let it distract you from actually learning the content.
I hope this helps and you do well in your GCSE's.

If you ever need any more help feel free to pm me,
Cathy8
Yeah I strongly agree with this. Focus on your notes, especially for English. Make them so that you can expand on them but don't need to remake any because YOU WILL NOT HAVE TIME IN YEAR 11. I'm in year 11 and i really regret not focusing on making the most detailed notes possible.
summerberry19
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by emzzzz.eld)
guys do you think if i start revising now-year 10, i can finish each subject by year 11
like i mean going through all the topics once more coz i was stupid and am behind on stuff???
pls answer, thankyou
Totally irrelevant - but perhaps you should join the Year 10 Chat Thread! I've been getting lots of tips from there! I'll tag you if you decide to come!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (519)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (636)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed