Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Most days I feel down and kind of hopeless, especially when I wake up. I think this is impacting my productivity negatively as I end up not doing much work during the day. Any tips on how I can change this?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I'm the same! I feel so tired and lethargic and feel like I have no energy, everyday feels like a struggle and I just have to push myself to get things done!

But, be hopeful, try and go out and get some fresh air, better days are on the way, I promise!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Most days I feel down and kind of hopeless, especially when I wake up. I think this is impacting my productivity negatively as I end up not doing much work during the day. Any tips on how I can change this?
damn i feel you. im also really lonely as i have no friends so this plays a role too for me.
Anonymous #1
damn i feel you. im also really lonely as i have no friends so this plays a role too for me.
I see, I know quite a few people I hang out with sometime, a couple of times in the weekend generally. However, I often do not talk with anybody in person expect in shops for 3/4 days during the week
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
me too.. its so difficult to make friends this year cos there's no events and people on gcs aren't always very receptive/open
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you looking after yourself well?
kingpin x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's tough but you'll get through it. Keep yourself distracted and motivate yourself to do well. t's easier said than done but sometimes you need that push and that can only come from you.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
me too.. its so difficult to make friends this year cos there's no events and people on gcs aren't always very receptive/open
fr tho. what uni u go to?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey!

I try my best to stay proactive by writing a list at the start of the day of everything I want to get done - including non-uni related tasks
This helps me as if I start getting bored of uni work I can look at my list and see what else i need to do and start doing that instead

Make sure whatever you put down is dooable otherwise you'll make yourself feel worse if you don't achieve it all

Also give yourself free time to watch netflix / go to the gym / do what you enjoy

I hope this helps you
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Anonymous #1
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hey!

I try my best to stay proactive by writing a list at the start of the day of everything I want to get done - including non-uni related tasks
This helps me as if I start getting bored of uni work I can look at my list and see what else i need to do and start doing that instead

Make sure whatever you put down is dooable otherwise you'll make yourself feel worse if you don't achieve it all

Also give yourself free time to watch netflix / go to the gym / do what you enjoy

I hope this helps you
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Thank you!
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago
fr tho. what uni u go to?
dont really want to specify but my uni is in the south east of england , wbu
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
dont really want to specify but my uni is in the south east of england , wbu
ucl
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago
ucl
ooh im actually originally from london but I didnt want to stay, but now i'm missing home so oof.. this whole situation is a mess
University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi all
I agree with University of Portsmouth Student Rep about writing a to do list at the start of the day- it can really help
If you find you are struggling with your mental health, loneliness or even just getting your work done, it is worth contacting either your advisor or the student support team at your uni and seeing what help they can give
Hope this helps
Sophie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
34%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (726)
41.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads