Does amazon ask for ID during coronavirus?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Basically I ordered an age restricted item and i want to know if they will ask for ID or does amazon not care and will they just give it to you especially since covid 19 and everything?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Of course they would, especially if you used Prime Now or Amazon Fresh. If you can't show the ID on delivery then the item would just be returned to Amazon.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes they still ask for ID.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Yes they still ask for ID.
Are you sure? Because some people said that they dont care and just give it to you and how do they even know whats in the package?
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Are you sure? Because some people said that they dont care and just give it to you and how do they even know whats in the package?
Yes I’m sure.
They know that it’s age restricted and to ask for ID because they’re delivery info tells them that. They don’t know what it is.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, we were asked for ID to take receipt of a pumpkin carving kit, (small blades). The packages needing ID are labelled as such.
Bexjw
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, I accepted a parcel on behalf of my sister when I was at hers. They asked to see the ID from a distance and to confirm the date and age from the ID before handing over the parcel.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically I ordered an age restricted item and i want to know if they will ask for ID or does amazon not care and will they just give it to you especially since covid 19 and everything?
Yes, they still ask for ID.

Direct from the driver guidance from Amazon:

"If the delivery is an Age Verified Delivery (AVD), ask the customer to place their ID on the ground and step back while you check the ID - for their safety and yours. Check the ID from its location on the ground. Do not touch/handle if possible."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (124)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.27%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (86)
19.68%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.15%
No - I live at home during term anyway (129)
29.52%

Watched Threads