The Student Room Group

Can’t go on holiday with friends

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Well the booking went through....

Airlines will often take a booking then cancel it later at the moment. They will eventually refund you your money or offer you the chance to rebook, but in the meantime your cash is probably one of the few things that is keeping the airlines from going bust. It took me 4 months to get a Virgin refund over the summer, and if the airline goes bust in the meanwhile it might take a very long time to get your money back, if you do at all.There is a simple UK government website that will show you what you need to fly to different countries, if you can. I am British but live in the States. I have a British passport and a green card so can fly from one to the other, subject to a 2 week quarantine period at either end. If you are not a US passport holder or permanent resident (green card holder) you can't get in to the US at the moment. If you do come and get in, every state has different Covid restrictions, from almost none to no indoor dining or drinking, and night clubs closed. Either your friends have not done their homework or they have booked so much into the future that they are hoping for the best. Either way I wouldn't recommend it. Do you have any idea how much it will cost to get treated for any type of illness if they do get sick here? It costs hundreds of dollars just to go to the doctor if you don't have health insurance. Does their travel insurance include health cover for Covid?? Cancellation in case of 'acts of God' ??(what they call the pandemic in insurance terms, which is a get out clause for the insurers not to pay up). SO many questions....
Airlines will often take a booking then cancel it later at the moment. They will eventually refund you your money or offer you the chance to rebook, but in the meantime your cash is probably one of the few things that is keeping the airlines from going bust. It took me 4 months to get a Virgin refund over the summer, and if the airline goes bust in the meanwhile it might take a very long time to get your money back, if you do at all.There is a simple UK government website that will show you what you need to fly to different countries, if you can. I am British but live in the States. I have a British passport and a green card so can fly from one to the other, subject to a 2 week quarantine period at either end. If you are not a US passport holder or permanent resident (green card holder) you can't get in to the US at the moment. If you do come and get in, every state has different Covid restrictions, from almost none to no indoor dining or drinking, and night clubs closed. Either your friends have not done their homework or they have booked so much into the future that they are hoping for the best. Either way I wouldn't recommend it. Do you have any idea how much it will cost to get treated for any type of illness if they do get sick here? It costs hundreds of dollars just to go to the doctor if you don't have health insurance. Does their travel insurance include health cover for Covid?? Cancellation in case of 'acts of God' ??(what they call the pandemic in insurance terms, which is a get out clause for the insurers not to pay up). SO many questions....

Reading that hurt my face
You can't even enter the US if you have been in the UK for the previous 14 days :lol:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa
Reading that hurt my face

you must be a troll.... writing it hurt my fingers - what a waste of time.
Original post by DiddyDec
You can't even enter the US if you have been in the UK for the previous 14 days :lol:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa

Well it’s next year, the rules might have changed by then
My heart bleeds for you poor little student we have a thing called Covid-19 in the UK stay home
you must be a troll.... writing it hurt my fingers - what a waste of time.

I’m not
I’m not

You are. You go anon, make stupid threads then tell people "Reported" as if it means something.
I’m not

You are so
You are. You go anon, make stupid threads then tell people "Reported" as if it means something.

Yes I’m an internet troll
Yes I’m an internet troll

Why do you bother?
Why do you bother?

Because I’m the king of trolling
Reply 52

It took 3 months for my refund. Virgin insurance has covid treatment on the cover but I think it's only existing annual policies. I think it's covered until March but we can't get in anyway.
We also have a thing called sex and it’s something I did with your mum in bed

Reported

👍

returned the favour
Original post by Sammylou40
👍

returned the favour

Oeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The U.S has a travel ban for everyone except permanent citizens and U.S passport holders. So you would not be able to go and I can’t see it being lifted anytime soon.
Because I’m the king of trolling

so there is no trip to America?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending