The Student Room Group

Changing from a same-sex school to a mixed school

hey, I am in year 10 and I have a space to move to a mixed school, but I am not sure whether to go or to stay in my all girls school.
I am already anxious about the huge jump from mixed school and I have friendship issues in my all girls school.
all girls suits some and not others. My secondary school was all girls but my sixth form is mixed - you barely notice the change
Original post by josie71202
all girls suits some and not others. My secondary school was all girls but my sixth form is mixed - you barely notice the change

ah okiii thx :smile:
It’ll be good for you cos you’ll see new perspectives and make new friends. I moved schools too (not from same sex to mixed tho. From mixed to mixed) but I still found it difficult. Now I have way more friends than before, boys and girls and tbh I would prefer it this way because now I understand both sides.
Original post by FancyAries06
It’ll be good for you cos you’ll see new perspectives and make new friends. I moved schools too (not from same sex to mixed tho. From mixed to mixed) but I still found it difficult. Now I have way more friends than before, boys and girls and tbh I would prefer it this way because now I understand both sides.

thx,
Also, I have another Q, I have a weird personality, and I was wondering how you'd make friends with people, after changing schools?
What topics shall I talk about for starters?
Original post by DaydreamingTeen
thx,
Also, I have another Q, I have a weird personality, and I was wondering how you'd make friends with people, after changing schools?
What topics shall I talk about for starters?

I also have a wired personality and start off horribly. Eg I tried only today to make a new friend and started like this..... laid you know I’m related to a hangman?!? How cool!!! Do you wanna be friends??.” Worst moment of my life. All I’m saying is don’t be completely yourself till you know they’re not going to run away when you say hi.
For instance, “hey, I saw you were in my class. How are you/what’s your name?” And carry on from there.
I hope this helps :h:
Original post by FancyAries06
I also have a wired personality and start off horribly. Eg I tried only today to make a new friend and started like this..... laid you know I’m related to a hangman?!? How cool!!! Do you wanna be friends??.” Worst moment of my life. All I’m saying is don’t be completely yourself till you know they’re not going to run away when you say hi.
For instance, “hey, I saw you were in my class. How are you/what’s your name?” And carry on from there.
I hope this helps :h:

Thx :smile:
This helps soo much!
Original post by DaydreamingTeen
hey, I am in year 10 and I have a space to move to a mixed school, but I am not sure whether to go or to stay in my all girls school.
I am already anxious about the huge jump from mixed school and I have friendship issues in my all girls school.

Just be yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest