kPhone
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
would it be smart or not because i think a lot of people would be writing about it now which would degrade its value
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it's a good idea as it's very current
username5447346
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yh honestly just go for it but pick like a siiiickkkk angle to focus on aha x
i kinda wish i could still do an epq lol but i missed the first meeting so im automatically disqualified
k86754
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, it would be a very good idea as it is very relevant and topical at the moment and the fact that other people are writing about it would not degrade its angle.
However, the only problem is that there won't be a lot of research and research papers to be able to include.
username5447346
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by k86754)
Yes, it would be a very good idea as it is very relevant and topical at the moment and the fact that other people are writing about it would not degrade its angle.
However, the only problem is that there won't be a lot of research and research papers to be able to include.
ahhh thats tru acc didnt think of that hmmmm
i mean theres been lots abt it on the news thooo (obvs) so u cld use that instead ig?
k86754
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M_Zara)
ahhh thats tru acc didnt think of that hmmmm
i mean theres been lots abt it on the news thooo (obvs) so u cld use that instead ig?
Yes that's true, however, in the EPQ you are assessed on using a range of sources, and research papers are often required to be the majority of your sources as the EPQ is an academic paper so without them, you may struggle a bit more.
username5447346
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by k86754)
Yes that's true, however, in the EPQ you are assessed on using a range of sources, and research papers are often required to be the majority of your sources as the EPQ is an academic paper so without them, you may struggle a bit more.
ahhhh thats a good point acc
i mean if OP rlly wants to go ahead w/ it then they cld always check w/ their teachers/EPQ supervisors to see if they approve n what they think of the whole sources problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.16%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.16%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (72)
18.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.26%
No - I live at home during term anyway (112)
29.47%

Watched Threads