How do I get followers on Instagram?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've had an Instagram account for a week now and only have 20 followers. I don't have much friends so I don't have people I know irl following me. At first I was getting 2-3 followers a day but now I'm getting less than that. Other accounts as new as mine, are getting around 5 followers a day and they post less than me.

I post at least a couple times a day, I follow similar accounts to mine, I use tags, I try and use good captions. One of my pics got 8 likes yesterday then I posted again a few hours later and it got no likes. I don't get it.

I'm not trying to be instafamous, I only hoping to get around 100 followers since I think Instagram is a good way to network and stay in touch with people I've met irl who I am interested in becoming friends with.

Advice?
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What type of content do you post?
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've had an Instagram account for a week now and only have 20 followers. I don't have much friends so I don't have people I know irl following me. At first I was getting 2-3 followers a day but now I'm getting less than that. Other accounts as new as mine, are getting around 5 followers a day and they post less than me.

I post at least a couple times a day, I follow similar accounts to mine, I use tags, I try and use good captions. One of my pics got 8 likes yesterday then I posted again a few hours later and it got no likes. I don't get it.

I'm not trying to be instafamous, I only hoping to get around 100 followers since I think Instagram is a good way to network and stay in touch with people I've met irl who I am interested in becoming friends with.

Advice?
I mean a couple times a day is a lot even for famous insta people, but why not do sfs or follow for follow
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mr T 999)
What type of content do you post?
fashion related stuff
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tbi_zlx)
I mean a couple times a day is a lot even for famous insta people, but why not do sfs or follow for follow
i saw tags for that but didn't think it would work
tbi_zlx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i saw tags for that but didn't think it would work
Nooooo i mean shout people out and get them to shout you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tbi_zlx)
Nooooo i mean shout people out and get them to shout you
oh okay, so i just post a pic and tag an account i like?
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
fashion related stuff
Are the pics well taken? If it's not it won't receive many likes.

As someone has already said shout someone out on your page and tag them in. Then get them to shout you out and tag you. It's a good way of getting followers. Also start commenting on people insta and have discussion with them this gets you out there and people will notice you and you will get natural followers from doing this.

Another way is to have people comment on your posts, so try starting a convo with people and get them to comment. More comments your post gets the algo will boost your content on feeds and more attention you will receive and hence get more likes and followers.
Last edited by Mr T 999; 1 month ago
tbi_zlx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh okay, so i just post a pic and tag an account i like?
Nooo so baso say youre doing sfs with me. You will post a pic of me on story and tag me, then ill do the same on mine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mr T 999)
Are the pics well taken? If it's not it won't receive many likes.

As someone has already said shout someone out on your page and tag them in. Then get them to shout you out and tag you. It's a good way of getting followers. Also start commenting on people insta and have discussion with them this gets you out there and people will notice you and you will get natural followers from doing this.

Another way is to have people comment on your posts, so try starting a convo with people and get them to comment. More comments your post gets the algo will boost your content on feeds and more attention you will receive and hence get more likes and followers.
Wow, that sounds so long . Wish I could make my followers/like count on pictures private.
tragictimes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Posting numerous times a day could perhaps be considered spam and therefore very off-putting to people coming across your profile. Maybe limit yourself to one post per day?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tragictimes)
Posting numerous times a day could perhaps be considered spam and therefore very off-putting to people coming across your profile. Maybe limit yourself to one post per day?
Hmm okay, I'll try that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads