What can I do to get 9 As in my GCSE

Watch
ibinaboi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I need tips for my GCSE up coming exams?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ibinaboi)
Hi!

I use to make an A3 poster for each module in my subject with all the key points on and making it really colourful and coordinated.
I then try and memorise this poster and copy it from memory, but without all the colour and fancy bits. In a different coloured pen i then add what I had missed from memory.

Or I make plans of potential essay questions, which include all the key facts. Similarly i memorise this and try and copy it from memory. In a different coloured pen i then add what I had missed from memory.

Past papers are a good way of revising, so you are prepared for the style of exam and essays you will have to write. Especially looking at the marking criteria.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
casabonita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
revision with quizlet or seneca or something, then a loaddd of past papers.. just learn what the markschemes want basically
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
CGP revision guides, practice papers and just ask questions when you don’t get something
Mathswatch for maths and papers from physics and maths tutor website
Analyse quotes and put them on flash cards for English lit for each character and themes
For English language write stories and do questions
Geography just use a revision guide and cover up parts and ask yourself questions like a flash card
For sciences use revision guide
For history writing mind maps would be good and testing yourself
aZm16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ibinaboi)
Hey! I'm in year 12 now and I will say that I was the kind of person who would get really stressed out. However, my revision always paid off and the results were often good. Start revising now, even if its only about an hour each day or a few hours a week- getting into the routine prepares you, makes you relaxed and not stressed out one month before the exams start (many people cram in revsion for 10 or so subjects during this time, for some it may work but others not so much). Revsing early but baby steps is crucial.

For revision, I used note cards (my favourite revision type), posters as well as exam papers and questions. I would say taht around jan/feb onwards is a good time to use exam papers though.

Hope it helps.
Flk10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To get grade 9s I’d say you should be revising consistently throughout the year. I’d do 2.5 hours work a night including homework and revision and then around 5 hours a day at the weekend.

Make yourself a timetable each week and give yourself rewards or punishments depending on whether you stick to it.

When it comes to mock and exam periods though I think it’s really important to combine quality and quantity with your revision.

You should be looking to block out everything but your goal and really challenge yourself to work as hard as you can. 10 hours a day during weekends and study leave and then 4 hours on a school night is perfectly possible with the right mindset and work ethic.
green doggo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dr Frost Maths is great!
For physics and chemistry I made notes as concisely as possible, from my textbook, class notes and websites like hannahhelpsphysics
Then, revise the notes and do lots of practise papers (memorising what you got wrong from the mark scheme)

Quizlets of vocabulary and grammar for languages and learn each 5x. It's also a good idea to learn a few set phrases for easy marks in aurals and writing e.g. Je dirais que

For essay subjects I'd recommend an intro + 3-4 paragraphs each structured using PEA (Point, Evidence [quote], Analysis) + conclusion
For History I just copied out everything in the textbook a few times lol to learn it
Flashcards for each theme in English with 4-5 quotes

In terms of revision don't burn out but do revise hard for each end of topic test, keep everything fresh over the holidays, and revise in supernova mode for mocks and over Easter. It's better to revise little bits over a long period of time than to cram.

(sorry if these tips were really obvious lol but they really get the marks)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (61)
27.6%
No - I have already returned home (25)
11.31%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
22.62%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
9.5%
No - I live at home during term anyway (64)
28.96%

Watched Threads