AQA computer science a level private candidate NEA

Watch this thread
ArcusF
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am going to be resitting my AQA A level computer science exam in may as a private candidate in my past sixth form.

I wasn't sure how the NEA would be done as it should be in non exam conditions, or would I have my marks carried forward instead?

Many thanks
tragictimes
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Call up the school and ask them directly or call up/email AQA. I would recommend calling but obviously the lines may be busier due to COVID.

The relevant info from the AQA website:
Talk to us
The customer support team.
8am–4pm Monday to Friday
Tel: 0161 957 3980
Email: [email protected]

Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
No point contacting AQA as it all comes down to your school.

I assume you were entered in 2020 and so don't have a mark for the NEA itself? If that's the case you will need to complete it this year. (If you took it in 2019 then yes, you can carry forward the NEA mark).

Because of the NEA, AQA Computer Science is not available to private candidates. You need to talk to the school, check that they are happy to supervise, mark and authenticate your NEA and to enter you as a centre candidate. If they're not then you'd need to try to find an alternative centre prepared to do that- which is unlikely to be possible
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tragictimes)
Call up the school and ask them directly or call up/email AQA. I would recommend calling but obviously the lines may be busier due to COVID.

The relevant info from the AQA website:
Talk to us
The customer support team.
8am–4pm Monday to Friday
Tel: 0161 957 3980
Email: [email protected]

There's rarely any point candidates contacting exam boards but if they do I would always recommend emailing so you have proof of the answer.
tragictimes
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Compost)
There's rarely any point candidates contacting exam boards but if they do I would always recommend emailing so you have proof of the answer.
Ah okay I thought it took longer to get a response via email that's why the calling option would be better. But if that's the case, then you'd be silly not to email instead!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
42.29%
The paper was reasonable (225)
42.86%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.14%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.71%

Watched Threads