Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got A*s at A-Level, got into Oxbridge and ranked at the top of national sport competitions. Despite this, I feel hopeless and lacking any sense of direction. I get little enjoyment from pretty much everything in life and no meaning in what I do. I have been trying to convince myself that getting into a relationship would solve this, but I am not that sure anymore.

What am I doing wrong?
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Bump
CyclinZH1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get a life coach. Very helpful.
Advertisement
deadroseex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have a look at therapy.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by deadroseex)
Have a look at therapy.
Seems reasonable, thanks.
Advertisement
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got A*s at A-Level, got into Oxbridge and ranked at the top of national sport competitions. Despite this, I feel hopeless and lacking any sense of direction. I get little enjoyment from pretty much everything in life and no meaning in what I do. I have been trying to convince myself that getting into a relationship would solve this, but I am not that sure anymore.

What am I doing wrong?
It could be the side effect of being a high achiever? Like you've cleared every hurdle that's been in your way and now you're at the top and there's (seemingly) nowhere further to go? I remember a similar thing happened to a housemate of mine. He'd spent pretty much his whole life aiming to get into Oxford to read PPE and then he achieved it and got there and had a massive existential crisis :sadnod:

Do watch out in case you are developing depression, btw :console: I don't think a relationship is going to hold all the answers/make you automatically feel totally better, either :nah:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed