appleton
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve seen people who sent in their applications on similar courses to me get offers sooner than me despite sending their applications off later than me (i want to do politics and sociology and people have got offers for politics + other things) and I was just wondering if there was any kind of order to when unis give offers ?
Interea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by appleton)
I’ve seen people who sent in their applications on similar courses to me get offers sooner than me despite sending their applications off later than me (i want to do politics and sociology and people have got offers for politics + other things) and I was just wondering if there was any kind of order to when unis give offers ?
It completely depends on the uni and the course, and to be honest even if someone has an offer for exactly the same course at exactly the same uni as you it wouldn't necessarily mean bad news for you - best just to kind of try and "forget" about Track, since it could literally be months for some offers to come in, and just check your emails every now and again.
appleton
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Interea)
It completely depends on the uni and the course, and to be honest even if someone has an offer for exactly the same course at exactly the same uni as you it wouldn't necessarily mean bad news for you - best just to kind of try and "forget" about Track, since it could literally be months for some offers to come in, and just check your emails every now and again.
Thanks, ya ur right . I just wondered why one offer goes out before another
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Whilst some courses might start with offers to the very strongest applicants, there’s actually loads of reasons that decisions could be returned in what looks like an unusual order. Unless you’ve received a decision, there’s no point reading anything into it.

Eg. Many people might be reviewing applications to one course. Someone might go on holiday or be ill unexpectedly. Or an app might go on hold as someone might need to refer something to a colleague.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Whenever you get your offers it'll still be good - just remember that it isnt a race.
Things really gear up after Christmas, and that is when the vast majority of offers are made,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads