Please Help! Can my student finance be approved if...?

Watch
Mía
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just got my unconditional offer from the Metropolitan University to study an undergraduate course in cyber security and forensics (start next week) but I’m concerned about getting my student finance rejected. I was working in Starbucks before and they offered me to pay me an apprenticeship course (part time), and I didn’t finished it. I only did 6 months and dropped about because of the pandemic. I have a debt of around 700£ with my council taxes, and I’m also worried they won’t approve me because of that. I’m from Spain and I’ve being living in London for almost 5 years, working in Starbucks for the most part. Does anyone think my application could be rejected because I dropped out from that apprenticeship course? (Which was funded by Starbucks) or for not having yet payed all of my council taxes? (I’m paying them every month) I’m 24 years old by the way.
Thank you!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mía)
I just got my unconditional offer from the Metropolitan University to study an undergraduate course in cyber security and forensics (start next week) but I’m concerned about getting my student finance rejected. I was working in Starbucks before and they offered me to pay me an apprenticeship course (part time), and I didn’t finished it. I only did 6 months and dropped about because of the pandemic. I have a debt of around 700£ with my council taxes, and I’m also worried they won’t approve me because of that. I’m from Spain and I’ve being living in London for almost 5 years, working in Starbucks for the most part. Does anyone think my application could be rejected because I dropped out from that apprenticeship course? (Which was funded by Starbucks) or for not having yet payed all of my council taxes? (I’m paying them every month) I’m 24 years old by the way.
Thank you!
Hi, an apprenticeship won't affect your eligibility. Only previous higher education study can affect your eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (609)
33.76%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (756)
41.91%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.43%

Watched Threads