Paisley99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m just panicking my dad constantly tells me I won’t get a job in physics. Physics is too hard for me I don’t like it it’s not applied enough and I lose interest. Whereas this subject would be applied knowledge.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends what job you want.
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Paisley99)
I’m just panicking my dad constantly tells me I won’t get a job in physics. Physics is too hard for me I don’t like it it’s not applied enough and I lose interest. Whereas this subject would be applied knowledge.
Hi there,

After a quick search, the only NatSci course that contains physics and astronomy is one offered by the Open University. The only other similar options I can find are:

UCL has astrophysics plus one of the following: Physical Chemistry, Geophysical Sciences, Molecular and Cell Biology, History and Philosophy of Science, Policy, Communication and Ethics, (Maths & Stats)

Durham where you choose 2 from:[*]Biology[*]Chemistry[*]Computer Science[*]Earth Sciences[*]Mathematics[*]Physics and Astronomy[*]Psychology[*]Anthropology[*]Business[*]Economics[*]Geography[*]Philosophy

Looking at Cambridge, Exeter and Bath (the 3 other main unis for NatSci), none of them offer combinations that would suit your interests, as they all just have a "Physics" stream. I would say that if you are looking at a career in physics/astronomy then you would be better off taking Physics, or a degree like Physics with Astrophysics. The grade requirements are the same as for most good NatSci courses, and choosing a physics degree that is specifically linked to astrophysics will mean it is more applied. I would also point out that Physics degrees are probably more applied than you realise, and have a fair amount of lab work.

I hope this has helped,
Jessica, a final year NatSci student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads