The Student Room Group

Came out to one of my best friends :(

So I came out to one of my best friends. We go to college together and study the same things. I really thought she’d understand but idk.

She basically told me that she supports me and nothing would change to my face, but then I keep receiving messages from other people at college asking me if I’m bisexual.

When I asked them how they knew, they told me she had told them all.

Idk what to do. Should I ask her about it? I’m gutted tbh like I thought she’d understand not to tell everyone.

Help lol

Scroll to see replies

Came out? Wdym?
Original post by Anonymous
Came out? Wdym?

Told her I’m bisexual haha
Are you?
Are you?

Yes I’m bi!
That’s terrible. You should ask her, especially if she’s the only person you came out to. I hope you’re ok though :smile: that was brave of you
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
So I came out to one of my best friends. We go to college together and study the same things. I really thought she’d understand but idk.

She basically told me that she supports me and nothing would change to my face, but then I keep receiving messages from other people at college asking me if I’m bisexual.

Idk what to do. Should I ask her about it? I’m gutted tbh like I thought she’d understand not to tell everyone.

Help lol

You seem to be naively optimistic about the bi sexuality and telling people. Despite what people have told you. You are starting to learn what people are like. I would have left it till uni.
Reply 7
yes you should ask her... because there should be no confusions..in any kind of relationship... The foundation of the relationship is very thin, delicate: once the knot is formed then it may not be the same as before.

best of luck dear..hope you'll get out of this situation soon ❤️
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by summerberry19
That’s terrible. You should ask her, especially if she’s the only person you came out to. I hope you’re ok though :smile: that was brave of you

I came out to my boyfriend last week! But I thought I should tell her so I did because I thought she’d understand! I think I might ask her, I just don’t want to cause a fight haha x
Original post by 999tigger
You seem to be naively optimistic about the bi sexuality and telling people. Despite what people have told you. You are starting to learn what people are like. I would have left it till uni.

I’m not understanding your point? You’re saying I should stop coming out and telling people?

I understand that not everyone is going to support me, I can’t force them to. However, it’s who I am and I don’t see why I should hide that? I’m not forcing anyone to support me, if they don’t accept me that’s fine.
Original post by DïkSha
yes you should ask her... because there should be no confusions..in any kind of relationship... The foundation of the relationship was very thin: once the knot is formed then it may not be the same as before.

best of luck dear..hope you'll get out of this situation soon ❤️

thank you so much! she’s the only other person I’ve told apart from my boyfriend so I’m gutted that she’s spread it around college, especially because I’m not even out to my parents yet! I’m sure it’ll be sorted soon though ❤️
I came out to my boyfriend last week! But I thought I should tell her so I did because I thought she’d understand! I think I might ask her, I just don’t want to cause a fight haha x

Oh right. Yes, you go with your instincts. It is a bit iffy of her to tell everyone without your consent :frown:
If everyone knew something about me in my school, they would take the Mickey out on me.

Help lol

And?
Oh right. Yes, you go with your instincts. It is a bit iffy of her to tell everyone without your consent :frown:
If everyone knew something about me in my school, they would take the Mickey out on me.

Yeah I mean everyone is nice to my face but a lot of the people she’s told have spread rumours about me in the past. It sucks but I suppose there’s not a lot I can do haha! I’m sure it’ll sort itself out soon x
And?

Sorry? What do you mean :smile:
Sorry? What do you mean :smile:

Im just saying what help do you want, you’ve come out it’s done now
Im just saying what help do you want, you’ve come out it’s done now

Oh! I mean like she’s spread it round college and idk whether to bring it up with her. I asked her not to tell people because I haven’t come out to my parents yet but she still told lots of people. I’m just unsure whether to say to her like why did she do it, I don’t want to cause a fight but I’m upset that she’s spread it.
Yeah I mean everyone is nice to my face but a lot of the people she’s told have spread rumours about me in the past. It sucks but I suppose there’s not a lot I can do haha! I’m sure it’ll sort itself out soon x

Ugh I hate rumours :s-smilie:
Ugh I hate rumours :s-smilie:

Me too! I just don’t see the point in them. Like if you have a problem with someone, why not just tell them? It’s silly to spread lies about them haha
Me too! I just don’t see the point in them. Like if you have a problem with someone, why not just tell them? It’s silly to spread lies about them haha

Exactly. Everyone lives on gossip these days and it always gets on my nerves!

Quick Reply

Latest