Dr Martens are they any good?

Watch
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
They cost £140 are they better than timberlands are they any good?

Advertisement
Mercillery
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, I bought a pair last month that cost like £70+ I think and they're pretty good tbh. They do crease/ scuff easily so take special care of them and if you buy them in-store one of the clerks should tell you how. They're fashionable, classy and popular rn and I can see why so imo yeah you should invest in a pair. I've never had Timberlands so sorry I can't answer that one.
sarahgrace03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)

doc martins are literally the best. i love mine so much. they are in style and so fashionable.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I find they are too wide for my narrow feet, so then my feet move around too much and they give me blisters.
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dr Martens are very good l have a pair from when they were made in the UK they are now made in china like most stuff but they are still very well made and you can wear them for many years to come polish/ brush them daily and stuff newspapers in them after you have been out in the rain dont dry them near heat as the heat will age them it dries out the leather
Advertisement
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Meh, they're quality and rep have taken a big hit the last few years, not the dependable product they used to be. (I've wore them on and off for 20+ years, my mum worked in a workwear place so I always got a pair of the new ones), I now wear HiTec Magnums for comfort, narrower fit as well, no particular fashion cachet to them though
Dechante
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)

I have three pairs and love them! I think if you get a pair that you can wear with most outfits like the picture or black ones it defo is worth it. I would recommend looking at Office and the doc marten website first because you can sometimes snatch some for 60-100 pounds. I have had them for two years and they are still in a great condition. I have had my timberlands for six years now and I still wear them to this day. I would personally say they are equally as good in terms of quality but I prefer the design of my docs more
Advertisement
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dechante)
I have three pairs and love them! I think if you get a pair that you can wear with most outfits like the picture or black ones it defo is worth it. I would recommend looking at Office and the doc marten website first because you can sometimes snatch some for 60-100 pounds. I have had them for two years and they are still in a great condition. I have had my timberlands for six years now and I still wear them to this day. I would personally say they are equally as good in terms of quality but I prefer the design of my docs more
what timbs have you got the yellow ones?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads