First Car Advice

Watch
browniemix
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm looking into buying mu fist car now i've got my license and I have narrowed it down to 2 choices, i can either get an Audi A1 that is a really basic Audi A1 but y'know its an Audi its a bit fancy and i really like it, or a Ford Fiesta, the Ford has a lot more options and extras on it that the Audi doesn't have, I'm not sure if i should go fancy with the Audi or get a Ford because i feel like my first car should be something i love but not to expensive/over the top, the insurance is about the same for the both of them so thats no issue, ikr what a first world problem but i just want advice
Thanks
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly depends how much money you have, if you're spending all your money on a car and as a result live paycheck to paycheck then rethink this.

I'd go for the German because they tend to be more reliable. Ford is aight too
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
Honestly depends how much money you have, if you're spending all your money on a car and as a result live paycheck to paycheck then rethink this.

Ford cars are made in Germany as well
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by browniemix)
So I'm looking into buying mu fist car now i've got my license and I have narrowed it down to 2 choices, i can either get an Audi A1 that is a really basic Audi A1 but y'know its an Audi its a bit fancy and i really like it, or a Ford Fiesta, the Ford has a lot more options and extras on it that the Audi doesn't have, I'm not sure if i should go fancy with the Audi or get a Ford because i feel like my first car should be something i love but not to expensive/over the top, the insurance is about the same for the both of them so thats no issue, ikr what a first world problem but i just want advice
Thanks
My first car was a Ford Fiesta, was a great car. Only had to upgrade due to my high mileage of driving I am now doing. Never had any problems with my Fiesta.
TheYearNiner
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joshkav)
Ford cars are made in Germany as well
hehehe
browniemix
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheYearNiner)

Thanks for responding
I've made sure all the cars im looking at are in a price range that will leave me with enough money but the Audi would make me a bit more broke lol
browniemix
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joshkav)
My first car was a Ford Fiesta, was a great car. Only had to upgrade due to my high mileage of driving I am now doing. Never had any problems with my Fiesta.
Thanks
Yeah i see so many people with this car it seems really nice and reliable
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by browniemix)
Thanks for responding
I've made sure all the cars im looking at are in a price range that will leave me with enough money but the Audi would make me a bit more broke lol
Are you talking new or used btw? Budgeting for a new car is generally easier, used ones come with near constant bills and with an Audi they'll be AUDI bills.

If you really like the Audi that's down to you, but I need to pop the bubble and point out that a poverty spec A1 carries zero badge appeal, a lot of people will think you've bought more 'badge' than 'car'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (631)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (790)
42.09%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (372)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed