melmel2345
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,I’m currently doing maths chemistry biology and physics. My school doesn’t allow me to do 3 a levels. I’m finding physics kind of difficult atm and was thinking to change it to further maths but I honestly have no clue on what to do. I’m scared that further maths would be worse than physics
Advertisement
Nautilus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What kind of school won't allow you to do 3 A levels?

Any decent 6th form and every university would rather see their students achieve 3 good grades than 4 mediocre grades.
melmel2345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nautilus)
What kind of school won't allow you to do 3 A levels?

Any decent 6th form and every university would rather see their students achieve 3 good grades than 4 mediocre grades.
Ik it’s crazy but I have the option to drop one of my subjects at the end of the first year. Going back to my issue though what would u do if u were in my place
Nautilus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you are struggling with physics I'm not sure you would cope with FM. Is there a teacher you can talk to?
Mehvij12345
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by melmel2345)
Ik it’s crazy but I have the option to drop one of my subjects at the end of the first year. Going back to my issue though what would u do if u were in my place
Depends on what you want to do in life?
Consider some career options maybe?
Advertisement
melmel2345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mehvij12345)
Depends on what you want to do in life?
Consider some career options maybe?
I’m thinking to get into medicine
Mehvij12345
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Then probably drop physics... i guess.
But it is your choice on what you want to do and choices can change.
Advertisement
melmel2345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nautilus)
If you are struggling with physics I'm not sure you would cope with FM. Is there a teacher you can talk to?
I’m going to talk to my physics teacher tomorrow and ask for his opinion. I find myself so stupid. Right now for maths I’m on top of everything I’m one of the best and physics is meant to be a similar subject to maths with all the calculations etc (as far as I’ve been told) and there are just some parts where I’m like what the hell is going on
Mehvij12345
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
And then you can pick a subject that you find really interesting and that might be beneficial to your future career
And despite the fact that physic and maths may be similar but physics requires you to have more understanding of the subject. Atleast that is why i find it to be different from maths.
Last edited by Mehvij12345; 4 weeks ago
Advertisement
melmel2345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mehvij12345)
And do fm instead? I’m only asking because I need to do have 4 options because of my school
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If they dont let you drop Physics just concentrate on the other 3. Further Maths is no use for Medicine
Advertisement
Mehvij12345
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
And do fm instead? I’m only asking because I need to do have 4 options because of my school
I personally think that you need to get some time thinking about it and talking about what you want to do with your teachers and possibly your family?
I think that is the best solution for now...
Not sure about fm though if you are thinking of medicine as a career.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (513)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (311)
20.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise