Question about multiple masters

Watch
Kindred-122
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello ,

So info:This doesn’t really apply to me but I just got randomly curious because I used to have a teacher a couple of years ago who had 3 masters .In psychology ,biology and Education (He was very smart a genius tbh ,we got 8/9s in Gcse science bcc of him ) .

Now the thing I wanna ask or I’m confused about is how do you manage to get on to getting 3 masters in all them subjects ,like does a undergraduate only restrict you from one area of learning ? I am still baffled about how someone jumped from bio to psych to education.

Thx
MindMax2000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The entry requirements for masters programs will vary, but the universities will want to know whether you're able to do the course. You can move across disciplines because of this e.g. if you did aerospace engineering, you can do a degree in finance.
Should you not have the necessary qualifications, you can do a postgraduate diploma, which is essentially half of a bachelor's, just to say you can do the subject. Some subjects are more quantitative though, and trying to switch over from a non-quantiative subject is not possible even with a PG Diploma e.g. economics to physics/engineering.
There is also no limit to the number of masters you can do, but it can get very expensive very quickly.

In all likelihood, I am guessing your teacher did an undergrad in biology, before doing masters in psychology and biology. You can apply for a degree in education irrespective of your undergrad.
Whilst psychology and biology are from completely disciplines, the skills required to study in either subjects aren't that dissimilar. In fact, the subjects tend to be complementary as A Level options.
Kindred-122
Rep:
?
(Original post by MindMax2000)
The entry requirements for masters programs will vary, but the universities will want to know whether you're able to do the course. You can move across disciplines because of this e.g. if you did aerospace engineering, you can do a degree in finance.
Should you not have the necessary qualifications, you can do a postgraduate diploma, which is essentially half of a bachelor's, just to say you can do the subject. Some subjects are more quantitative though, and trying to switch over from a non-quantiative subject is not possible even with a PG Diploma e.g. economics to physics/engineering.
There is also no limit to the number of masters you can do, but it can get very expensive very quickly.

In all likelihood, I am guessing your teacher did an undergrad in biology, before doing masters in psychology and biology. You can apply for a degree in education irrespective of your undergrad.
Whilst psychology and biology are from completely disciplines, the skills required to study in either subjects aren't that dissimilar. In fact, the subjects tend to be complementary as A Level options.
Ohhhh thx thx
AndyChow
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A lot of MSc are basically compressed undergrad degrees, they are not picky about the subject, most only want you to come 'from a related discipline with 2:1"

Also your teacher must be so richhhh.
Kindred-122
Rep:
?
(Original post by AndyChow)
A lot of MSc are basically compressed undergrad degrees, they are not picky about the subject, most only want you to come 'from a related discipline with 2:1"

Also your teacher must be so richhhh.
Yeah he was the head of science and he was probly ballin 😂 tbh .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads