Report 2 weeks ago
I got an offer today, I’ve accepted it.
tenizbay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AstriaLumenia)
Hi everyone,I went through the SDIP application process last year. My internship, that was supposed to take place this summer with the MoD, was cancelled due to COVID-19. As I had graduated, the Civil Service put me on a reserve list. They would periodically send me vacancies which I could apply for (these were not widely advertised). Off the back of this, I've recently been offered a fixed-term EO position with another department, which I have accepted. This will replace my internship that was due to take place next summer. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have about the process.
Congratulations with your position as EO!
I am a deferred SDIP candidate on reserve list. Got an email in mid-February saying they have started allocations in to departments. But I have not heard or offered anything yet...
Do I need to write to them and push a bit so they can offer me something?? Do they just offer you the position or do you have to write and ask ??
Appreciate if you respond to me
Thank you
MvcLaw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Aaron Dion)
The confirmation email asks you to upload ID documents for checking, but it doesn't say where to upload to. Do you guys know where to do this? Or shall you email your document to fast stream support email address? I am confused. Thanks !
Hi, I’ve sent all my documents to the fast stream support email address provided in the document that was sent to us of what ID we can send
MvcLaw
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Aaron Dion)
I see. Did you just reply the email directly? I noticed that the email address confirming the offer is actually different the support email address provided within the email.
No, I opened up the link sent to us from the offer email, and copy&pasted the email address that was on the document, and sent my IDs there
oliviaminor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone reached out to Fast stream application support with any success? I emailed them two days ago, just wondering how long I might expect to wait for a response TIA!
Argonaute
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by oliviaminor)
Has anyone reached out to Fast stream application support with any success? I emailed them two days ago, just wondering how long I might expect to wait for a response TIA!
Still waiting to hear back from SDIP myself... is there anyone else still waiting?
JG20201
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Argonaute)
Still waiting to hear back from SDIP myself... is there anyone else still waiting?
Yeah I am! Can I ask what your location preferences were?
oliviaminor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Argonaute)
Ahh I’ve personally heard back with my offer, I just had a question about the background check which I emailed to ask — I think there are plenty who haven’t heard back with their decision though so you aren’t alone!
tsrpol
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m still waiting too, don’t feel overly optimistic
Jonesy49
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I received an offer yesterday but looking at last years thread I’m not overly optimistic that the SDIP will be happening in its usual way this year as the majority of civil servants are stilling working from home. Has anyone heard if we are doing the SDIP remotely?
MvcLaw
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jonesy49)
I received an offer yesterday but looking at last years thread I’m not overly optimistic that the SDIP will be happening in its usual way this year as the majority of civil servants are stilling working from home. Has anyone heard if we are doing the SDIP remotely?
Hi, a fast streamer I spoke to on LinkedIn said they didn’t know if it would be remote or not.
Jonesy49
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MvcLaw)
Hi, a fast streamer I spoke to on LinkedIn said they didn’t know if it would be remote or not.
Yeah perhaps it’s too early. I have a feeling we could be waiting a while yet then to be told our locations etc. Last year a lot of SDIP interns weren’t told until June and for many it was a deferral or a remote internship in the end.
MvcLaw
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jonesy49)
Yeah perhaps it’s too early. I have a feeling we could be waiting a while yet then to be told our locations etc. Last year a lot of SDIP interns weren’t told until June and for many it was a deferral or a remote internship in the end.
Wow, I didn’t think it would be that late but I suppose it makes sense. I’d like to know what department beforehand though, I’m curious to know which I’m in. What were your preferences?
FutureTuition
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow, I didn’t think it would be that late but I suppose it makes sense. I’d like to know what department beforehand though, I’m curious to know which I’m in. What were your preference
Can we view our preferences anywhere? Can't remember the order...
tsrpol
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FutureTuition)
Can we view our preferences anywhere? Can't remember the order...
Yeah if you go into your application on the portal and press view your submitted answers in the 3rd stage. I don't think you can view them if you've had an offer though!
MvcLaw
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tsrpol)
Yeah if you go into your application on the portal and press view your submitted answers in the 3rd stage. I don't think you can view them if you've had an offer though!
Can confirm, you can’t view them if you’ve got an offer.
zra_8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, is anyone else a deferral candidate from last year? Does anyone know if we have to send proof of our ID again or when they'll get back to us about placements?
mfh203
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Heya, I was wondering if possible if someone could post when they find out if the internships will be remote or not? I'm currently waiting on FSB for Fast Stream but have been offered a position elsewhere, so I'm out of the loop with any correspondence regarding SDIP as they process Fast Stream first, but I'm still keen to have as much info as possible, thank you
Rinkas
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by oliviaminor)
Ahh I’ve personally heard back with my offer, I just had a question about the background check which I emailed to ask — I think there are plenty who haven’t heard back with their decision though so you aren’t alone!
I had my interview for SDIP last Wednesday after failing Fast Stream FSB, so they are still doing interviews atm! Hopefully they will finish soon and then everyone will hear back
FutureTuition
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tsrpol)
Can confirm, you can’t view them if you’ve got an offer.
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads