The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream SDIP 2020/2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by MvcLaw
No, I opened up the link sent to us from the offer email, and copy&pasted the email address that was on the document, and sent my IDs there

Do you know if the DBS check applies for the SDIP role when sending off the relevant documents?
Reply 101
Got an offer but how do I find out which location I will be working at and if my preferred department is given to me?
Does anyone know what the work schedule is like? I have another offer elsewhere that’s 15 hrs/week so I’m wondering if I can squeeze it in
Just wanted to give those still waiting some hope - just got an offer this morning even though I was starting to lose hope! Dont know my location or department yet though.
Original post by oliviaminor
Does anyone know what the work schedule is like? I have another offer elsewhere that’s 15 hrs/week so I’m wondering if I can squeeze it in

I'm not too sure but some people I spoke to said it was very hands-on. And I don't think you want to risk not doing well on the SDIP and losing out on a fast pass as you get marked for your performance! If the 15hr job is flexible work you can do in your own time then maybe you can squeeze it in but you shouldn't overwork yourself as you'll be exhausted !
I had given up all hope of hearing good news but thankfully, I received an offer this morning.
I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble setting up a civil service jobs account? I'm not sure where I should be sending the pre-employment documents when I can't create an account.
I've emailed the civil service on the email provided but I hear they're very slow to get back. Bit worried that whilst i'm waiting to hear back, the offer will get withdrawn.

Probably just me over-worrying! Hope someone can help me out
Original post by AVHelsing
I had given up all hope of hearing good news but thankfully, I received an offer this morning.
I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble setting up a civil service jobs account? I'm not sure where I should be sending the pre-employment documents when I can't create an account.
I've emailed the civil service on the email provided but I hear they're very slow to get back. Bit worried that whilst i'm waiting to hear back, the offer will get withdrawn.

I am having the same issue. I felt the document was really vague? I have made an account with the same email as my app but I assumed I would have like an offer or something waiting and fill it in from there. Let me know if you hear anything!
Have my offer but what am I looking for when I log into Civil Service jobs? I cannot find anything?
I got my offer for the SDIP - does anyone have a rough idea when it actually starts?
Original post by AVHelsing

I sent my pre employment details to the email provided in the PDF. Just make sure you send 3 different types of ID. It should show up in your civil service portal after they've received everything.
Original post by toomuchdub
I sent my pre employment details to the email provided in the PDF. Just make sure you send 3 different types of ID. It should show up in your civil service portal after they've received everything.

Hiya! So when you emailed the documents to the address in the PDF did they then upload them to the portal? Sorry just a bit confused! Or do I need to wait until something opens up in the portal for me to upload them there?
Original post by tequilarosee
Hiya! So when you emailed the documents to the address in the PDF did they then upload them to the portal? Sorry just a bit confused! Or do I need to wait until something opens up in the portal for me to upload them there?

Hey, I was confused too, they told me to just email the docs to them.
Original post by Rosita__
Hey, I was confused too, they told me to just email the docs to them.

Cheers! Best go digging for them now! Do you have any idea when we might hear about when we start/location etc...???

To be honest, my portal hasn't updated yet either so I couldn't say. But after sending them all my docs, they sent this response:

"Thank you for your email and sending your documentation through.

We will now begin processing your documents and sending these to the relevant teams. You should shortly receive a notification to complete your pre employment check forms on the Civil Service Jobs portal. Please complete these as soon as possible so that there is no delay to your checks.

Please note - the job in Civil Service Jobs will show as "Cabinet Office" with little information. This is a generic advertisement that we use for all of our pre employment checks.

If we require any further information, we will be in touch"

Hope that helps
Cheers! Best go digging for them now! Do you have any idea when we might hear about when we start/location etc...???

I emailed asking but they said which ever team I’m selected for will get in touch soon, but it wouldn’t be immediate because they have a lot on. Does anyone know when previous years have started?
Original post by toomuchdub
To be honest, my portal hasn't updated yet either so I couldn't say. But after sending them all my docs, they sent this response:

"Thank you for your email and sending your documentation through.

We will now begin processing your documents and sending these to the relevant teams. You should shortly receive a notification to complete your pre employment check forms on the Civil Service Jobs portal. Please complete these as soon as possible so that there is no delay to your checks.

Please note - the job in Civil Service Jobs will show as "Cabinet Office" with little information. This is a generic advertisement that we use for all of our pre employment checks.

If we require any further information, we will be in touch"

Hope that helps

Ok ! Thank you :smile:

Drop here!
Original post by Rosita__
I emailed asking but they said which ever team I’m selected for will get in touch soon, but it wouldn’t be immediate because they have a lot on. Does anyone know when previous years have started?

Hahaah that's such a vague idea of time! No idea when previous years have started either I am afraid :frown:
Hi guys, just making this post to clarify things as there seems to be a lot of questions!

1) You can take a picture or scan documents and send them to the email address stated in the PDF.
2) They will email to confirm the documents are okay, and if not, what else you may need to send.
3) Set up a civil service jobs account, with the same email address you set up your fast stream account with.
4) It takes a few days but eventually your application appears on there - don’t panic if you’re waiting for it to appear, it will.
5) Once it appears, you provisionally accept the offer by clicking accept. You are then asked to submit information for references and a DBS check.
6) The references are: 2 personal references from people who are not family or employers and have known you for at least 3 years, (friends are acceptable), then 1 academic reference.
7) The DBS is a basic standard check.
8) I think the internship will start in July (my guess is the first Monday in July)
9) It is likely to be a virtual internship, I emailed to ask and they said it is likely it’ll be virtual, although they didn’t say “definitely” so there may be hope. I’d lay off trying to find accommodation.
10) Departments haven’t been released yet.
11) Relax. Be happy you’ve got a place, it won’t be suddenly snatched from you, and you’ve all done amazingly to get a place.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by MvcLaw
Hi guys, just making this post to clarify things as there seems to be a lot of questions!

1) You can take a picture or scan documents and send them to the email address stated in the PDF.
2) They will email to confirm the documents are okay, and if not, what else you may need to send.
3) Set up a civil service jobs account, with the same email address you set up your fast stream account with.
4) It takes a few days but eventually your application appears on there - don’t panic if you’re waiting for it to appear, it will.
5) Once it appears, you provisionally accept the offer by clicking accept. You are then asked to submit information for references and a DBS check.
6) The references are: 2 personal references from people who are not family or employers and have known you for at least 3 years, (friends are acceptable), then 1 academic reference.
8) I think the internship will start in July (my guess is the first Monday in July)
9) It is likely to be a virtual internship, I emailed to ask and they said it is likely it’ll be virtual, although they didn’t say “definitely” so there may be hope. I’d lay off trying to find accommodation.
11) Relax. Be happy you’ve got a place, it won’t be suddenly snatched from you, and you’ve all done amazingly to get a place.

Thank you :smile:!
Reply 119
Original post by MvcLaw

This was so helpful, thank you so much!

Quick Reply