Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
22 years old moving to uni next year will be studying nursing but want to know what town will be better for a mature student moving away from home but don’t want to be living with 18 year olds purely because of mess and will be doing long days on placement any advice will be much appreciated please am down for a night but won’t be going as crazy as I would have done when I was 18
MichelleLouise97
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
22 years old moving to uni next year will be studying nursing but want to know what town will be better for a mature student moving away from home but don’t want to be living with 18 year olds purely because of mess and will be doing long days on placement any advice will be much appreciated please am down for a night but won’t be going as crazy as I would have done when I was 18
I went went to university in Manchester and have lived in Liverpool all my life. So if you have any specific questions about uni life in Manchester or anything about Liverpool, I'd be happy to try and answer them
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello!

It's great to hear you are considering studying at the University of Liverpool. Liverpool has a lot of different accommodation options, and typically students live in shared houses after their first year, so you'll be able to choose fairly quickly who you'd like to live with. If you're wanting to avoid the freshers experience then maybe looking at a house share in first year would work for you? Are you looking at halls?

When I was in my first year, I lived with a mature student who was an occupational therapist student, and she ended up living with other students in our halls for her second and third years. everyone was considerate of her schedule, but I can imagine this not always being the case. The Guild (Student Union) has a Mature Students Society, they may be able to give you some advice on accommodation and living with freshers as a mature student.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions,

Madelaine
English Literature Student
Breeee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
JMU has a really good nursing school. Most nursing students live together, and most mature students do too. But just so you know, lots of 18 year olds are way cleaner than mature students js (speaking from personal experiences). I don't really know what the nursing schools in manchester are like im afraid
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (88)
28.03%
No - I have already returned home (40)
12.74%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
19.11%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
10.19%
No - I live at home during term anyway (94)
29.94%

Watched Threads