Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
22 years old moving to uni next year will be studying nursing but want to know what town will be better for a mature student moving away from home but don’t want to be living with 18 year olds purely because of mess and will be doing long days on placement any advice will be much appreciated please am down for a night but won’t be going as crazy as I would have done when I was 18 stuck between Manchester and Liverpool
Moana92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which unis in particular are you looking at? Some unis have mature-student only accommodation so it's worth looking at the accommodation website for the unis to see which ones have this provision. Apart from that, both cities are quite similar
ashtolga23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just gonna let you know this is going to be a bit biased because I'm from Manchester and very proud of the city, and obviously we have a rivalry with Liverpool; I can't necessarily compare the universities, but I can share my experience of Manchester. 0161 gang for the win.

I feel like Manchester is kinda the capital of the North: the UK's Second City. It's a diverse place and it seems like somewhere that gets more attention than Liverpool honestly. Andy Burnham putting up a fight for us shows that it's a place that doesn't just roll over, and there's a real sense of community here. To me, it's a really nice place to live (as long as you avoid certain areas like any other city haha). There's always loads to do no matter what your interests, the transport links are good (for the north), and it's got a pretty vibrant atmosphere.

Here's a link for fun as well: https://secretmanchester.com/10-reas...the-best-city/
Last edited by ashtolga23; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you for your help! I’m looking at Manchester met, Manchester, Liverpool and Liverpool John moores
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (641)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads