GCSE Business Studies
GCSE Computing
GCSE Drama
GCSE Geography or GCSE History
GCSE Latin
GCSE French
GCSE Music
GCSE PE

As I go to a religious school,RE is core as well as Maths,Science and both English lit and Lang. I’m not sure what career path I want to take.I want to do A levels then university.
Anonymusy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When I had to pick my GCSEs I just picked the subjects I enjoyed because I didn't know what career I wanted at the time but eventually figured it out and now I'm working towards that. Just pick the subjects you enjoy the most then one day you'll figure out what career path you'll take.
y00ng1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
GCSE Art and design: I would only take Art if you actually really enjoy it, you have to spend so much time and it will affect a lot on your other subjects as well because of the time needed
GCSE Business Studies: I don't know much about it but I have heard that it is one of the easiest GCSEs
GCSE Computing: Ok... For computer science, if you have a good teacher, it's one of the easiest GCSEs but if you have a horrible teacher (like I do..) it will easily become one of the hardest GCSEs. It really is just content but.. I find it quite hard because I had to self teach everything but I have heard from my friends in other school that they find it very easy.
GCSE Drama: I don't know anything about Drama but if you enjoy it, i guess go ahead!
GCSE Geography or GCSE History: If you enjoy History, I strongly recommend you to do History, in my opinion it is one of the hardest GCSEs but it does have low grade boundaries and the content is very interesting for those who are interested in history. For Geography, it really is just memorising.
GCSE Latin: I would be biased on Latin because I love Latin, but there is not much content for grammar in latin and for literature it really is just memorising, but VERY VERY HIGH grade boundaries. I can easily tell you more about this subject if you want.
GCSE French: I find French quite hard but if you learn lots of the vocabs and practice lots, it's quite a good subject to do
GCSE Music: If you are at least grade 5 on an instrument or working towards it soon, DEFINITELY DO IT, it is such an easy GCSE to do, if you want more information on Music I can easily tell you lots more.
GCSE PE: I don't know anything about GCSE PE
Joshjosh0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by y00ng1)
GCSE Art and design: I would only take Art if you actually really enjoy it, you have to spend so much time and it will affect a lot on your other subjects as well because of the time needed
GCSE Business Studies: I don't know much about it but I have heard that it is one of the easiest GCSEs
GCSE Computing: Ok... For computer science, if you have a good teacher, it's one of the easiest GCSEs but if you have a horrible teacher (like I do..) it will easily become one of the hardest GCSEs. It really is just content but.. I find it quite hard because I had to self teach everything but I have heard from my friends in other school that they find it very easy.
GCSE Drama: I don't know anything about Drama but if you enjoy it, i guess go ahead!
GCSE Geography or GCSE History: If you enjoy History, I strongly recommend you to do History, in my opinion it is one of the hardest GCSEs but it does have low grade boundaries and the content is very interesting for those who are interested in history. For Geography, it really is just memorising.
GCSE Latin: I would be biased on Latin because I love Latin, but there is not much content for grammar in latin and for literature it really is just memorising, but VERY VERY HIGH grade boundaries. I can easily tell you more about this subject if you want.
GCSE French: I find French quite hard but if you learn lots of the vocabs and practice lots, it's quite a good subject to do
GCSE Music: If you are at least grade 5 on an instrument or working towards it soon, DEFINITELY DO IT, it is such an easy GCSE to do, if you want more information on Music I can easily tell you lots more.
GCSE PE: I don't know anything about GCSE PE
Thank you!

I would like you know more about Latin.I am doing the Cambridge Latin course II (year9) and I love the content. I am just afraid of it getting too hard. I am very good at it and it comes naturally.
y00ng1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joshjosh0)
Thank you!

I would like you know more about Latin.I am doing the Cambridge Latin course II (year9) and I love the content. I am just afraid of it getting too hard. I am very good at it and it comes naturally.
Do you know which exam board you will be taking?
Joshjosh0
Rep:
?
(Original post by y00ng1)
Do you know which exam board you will be taking?
Edquas
ashtolga23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends what you enjoy and what you're good at to be honest. Maybe have a brief look into the topics covered and speak to teachers about what they think, although from my experience the latter are generally pretty biased. It's no fault of their own, it's just that they may not be able to help looking at it from their department's perspective; they don't necessarily know what you're like in other subjects.
eleanorsarah05
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
GCSE Art and design
GCSE Business Studies
GCSE Computing
GCSE Drama
GCSE Latin
GCSE French
GCSE Music
GCSE PE

As I go to a religious school,RE is core as well as Maths,Science and both English lit and Lang. I’m not sure what career path I want to take.I want to do A levels then university.
Choose what you enjoy and choose a variety of subjects!! And don't worry about not knowing what career you wanna do- I'm in Year 11 and I have to choose my A-Levels and I have no idea. Good luck
sophvx293
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
GCSE Art and design
GCSE Business Studies
GCSE Computing
GCSE Drama
GCSE Latin
GCSE French
GCSE Music
GCSE PE

I'd pick what ever subjects you enjoy the most and if you have any idea of what you want to do in the future look at some GCSE subjects you may need, which will then let you into some A Levels. I did GCSE Geography, History, ICT and BTEC Drama, and I loved them all!
Moana92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's hard to say without knowing what you enjoy, are good at and what you want to do but have you done a pros and cons list for each one? That may help you in making a decision
Joshjosh0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moana92)
It's hard to say without knowing what you enjoy, are good at and what you want to do but have you done a pros and cons list for each one? That may help you in making a decision
Thank you!
I will do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (99)
28.53%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (67)
19.31%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.11%

Watched Threads