Gina leigh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve made a plan for my nursing personal statement but I feel like it’s missing something. I don’t really have much experience as the stuff I had planned fell through due to COVID. so now I’m panicking a little bit. I’ve included podcasts and talking to health care professionals but if anyone has any ideas on virtual work experience or and anything interesting, it would be so so helpful.
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why dont u talk about online courses you may have done or extra curricular things
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gina leigh)
I’ve made a plan for my nursing personal statement but I feel like it’s missing something. I don’t really have much experience as the stuff I had planned fell through due to COVID. so now I’m panicking a little bit. I’ve included podcasts and talking to health care professionals but if anyone has any ideas on virtual work experience or and anything interesting, it would be so so helpful.
I've moved this to the nursing forum where you're more likely to get a reply - the other applicants will be better placed to tell you if there are other opportunities. What about volunteering/experiences in school that can show off your skills?
Emily_B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gina leigh)
The main thing you need to show is how/why you'd make a good nurse - through the 6 Cs - care, compassion, competence, communication, courage, commitment. You can show this through so many ways, not just through work experience.

(Original post by tbi_zlx)
Why dont u talk about online courses you may have done or extra curricular things
Definitely! (OP, use this.) I used my playing in a brass band since the age of 12 as a way of demonstrating useful transferable skills. Is there any correlation between nursing and brass banding? Probably not. I've used communication skills, commitment, dedication, work ethic, teamwork and timekeeping in brass banding and nursing.
Gina leigh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily_B)
Definitely! (OP, use this.) I used my playing in a brass band since the age of 12 as a way of demonstrating useful transferable skills. Is there any correlation between nursing and brass banding? Probably not. I've used communication skills, commitment, dedication, work ethic, teamwork and timekeeping in brass banding and nursing.
I actually did a summer school assignment on the 6Cs so guess I could talk more about that. Thank you!
millsr
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/...-and-sociology

I’m applying to nursing this year and I recently completed this course, which would be a good thing to add to your personal statement to demonstrate your interest in/dedication to nursing. It also helps to show that you understand what nursing and nursing study involves. The time frame listed is three weeks but you could easily complete it far quicker if you dedicate enough time to it (maybe do it in half term next week?)
Gina leigh
Rep:
?
(Original post by millsr)
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/...-and-sociology

I’m applying to nursing this year and I recently completed this course, which would be a good thing to add to your personal statement to demonstrate your interest in/dedication to nursing. It also helps to show that you understand what nursing and nursing study involves. The time frame listed is three weeks but you could easily complete it far quicker if you dedicate enough time to it (maybe do it in half term next week?)
Amazing. Thank you I’ll check it out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads