Where can I get a UCAS reference from?

Watch
Bluerainy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m on my second gap yr, planning on to take the summer exams and can’t get one from my previous sixth form.

plus I don’t have a job or anything.. I’m screwed 😔
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bluerainy)
I’m on my second gap yr, planning on to take the summer exams and can’t get one from my previous sixth form.

plus I don’t have a job or anything.. I’m screwed 😔
Why can't you get one from your previous sixth form? They should have written one for you when you were there just in case and should still have it on file. If not, they can use your old reports (which they will definitely have) I would call them and check if that is the case, it certainly would be of you were at my school.
Interea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by L-K)
Why can't you get one from your previous sixth form? They should have written one for you when you were there just in case and should still have it on file. If not, they can use your old reports (which they will definitely have) I would call them and check if that is the case, it certainly would be of you were at my school.
Seconding this, I'm also on a second gap year and my sixth form had absolutely no issues doing my reference for me - they even let me sign up with the school's buzzword so they could properly help with my application.
Bluerainy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by L-K)
I didn’t apply to uni while I was at sixth form, so they never had to write me one. Last year also, when I went to them they said they can’t give me a predicted grade higher than what I achieved in my exams (in 2019) and they were really unwilling towards my uni application and kept trying to push me towards apprenticeship. My head of sixth form told me to see the uni guidance person and they sent me to my subjects teacher and the subject teacher sent me back to my head of yr, it was literally back and forth between these people through email and appointments and a whole month passed with no progress to anyone doing the reference, I was getting more and more worried about UCAS deadlines as well so I gave up on them and I ended up getting a private tutor last yr who then did my reference. Unfortunately I lost contact with my tutor from last yr. literally can’t get through with the same stress by chasing my teachers from my previous sixth form, they don’t care about pupil who did badly in exams and they don’t let you resit there either. I felt like such a hassle to them last yr, can’t imagine how it would be if I go back again a second year, especially since it didn’t work out last year anyways.
Last edited by Bluerainy; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (715)
33.87%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (904)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads