The Student Room Group

Can I apply UCAS without a reference?

The uni said guaranteed offer last year, cause of the exam cancellation during summer. Will it be then okay to send off the application without a reference since I can’t get one from my previous sixth form and I don’t know where else I can get one from
Reply 1
You will not be able to send the UCAS form off without a reference. The pay and send option won’t even appear without the reference section completed.
Reply 2
Original post by Bluerainy
The uni said guaranteed offer last year, cause of the exam cancellation during summer. Will it be then okay to send off the application without a reference since I can’t get one from my previous sixth form and I don’t know where else I can get one from

Why can't you get one from your previous sixth form? If they wrote you one last year they will still have it on file and can just use it again.
You can send you UCAS application without one if you select 'University has agreed to accept my application without a reference'.

This is only applicable in the sort of situation you describe, it des NOT apply to 'normal' applications and anyone else applying without a reference will just annoy all their chosen Unis who will then have to delay your application whilst they request a reference.

Quick Reply