Bluerainy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The uni said guaranteed offer last year, cause of the exam cancellation during summer. Will it be then okay to send off the application without a reference since I can’t get one from my previous sixth form and I don’t know where else I can get one from
giella
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You will not be able to send the UCAS form off without a reference. The pay and send option won’t even appear without the reference section completed.
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bluerainy)
The uni said guaranteed offer last year, cause of the exam cancellation during summer. Will it be then okay to send off the application without a reference since I can’t get one from my previous sixth form and I don’t know where else I can get one from
Why can't you get one from your previous sixth form? If they wrote you one last year they will still have it on file and can just use it again.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can send you UCAS application without one if you select 'University has agreed to accept my application without a reference'.

This is only applicable in the sort of situation you describe, it des NOT apply to 'normal' applications and anyone else applying without a reference will just annoy all their chosen Unis who will then have to delay your application whilst they request a reference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (714)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (903)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads