Meggggggggggg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can anyone help explain what this question means and how to do the first couple so I know what I'm meant to do?
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 9
Size:  150.6 KB
mqb2766
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Meggggggggggg)
Can anyone help explain what this question means and how to do the first couple so I know what I'm meant to do?
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 9
Size:  150.6 KB
Chain two or more functions together so the output of one is the input to another.

For the second one, which functions might be useful?
Meggggggggggg
Rep:
?
(Original post by mqb2766)
Chain two or more functions together so the output of one is the input to another.

For the second one, which functions might be useful?
oh ok, so for example jg(x) would be 4sqrtx? How would you then divide it by 2 to get part ii)?
mqb2766
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh ok, so for example jg(x) would be 4sqrtx? How would you then divide it by 2 to get part ii)?
Close with jg(x), but think about the order. How can a 4 become 2? Not just by dividing by 2.
Meggggggggggg
Rep:
?
Close with jg(x), but think about the order. How can a 4 become 2? Not just by dividing by 2.
gj(x)? would that then be sqrt4x which is the same as sqrt4sqrtx which is 2sqrtx??
mqb2766
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
gj(x)? would that then be sqrt4x which is the same as sqrt4sqrtx which is 2sqrtx??
Yes. That's the sort of thinking about elementary functions and how they're chained together they want you to do.
Meggggggggggg
Rep:
?
Yes. That's the sort of thinking about elementary functions and how they're chained together they want you to do.
ok thanks! however i'm still confused about part iii), when there's indices involved i get confused.
mqb2766
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ok thanks! however i'm still confused about part iii), when there's indices involved i get confused.
So what does a +1 in the index represent. Which elementary functions may be useful?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (716)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (904)
42.8%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed