University 2021 (for anyone who is doing btechs)

Watch
arieslover
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, guys i need massive help on university applications for next year and i am doing BTEC health and social care (double) also tevel and tourism diploma
can you enter uni with 2 grades
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by arieslover)
Hello, guys i need massive help on university applications for next year and i am doing BTEC health and social care (double) also tevel and tourism diploma
can you enter uni with 2 grades
If you're doing a double BTEC and a single then that's 3 grades not 2.
Talk to your college and find out the specific names of the BTECs you're taking and then pop them and some of your hoped for grades into the UCAS tariff calculator - that will give you some idea of the courses that might accept you. But you'll need to check directly with universities too - BTECs are great preparation for some courses but not ideal for others so making sure your qualifications are suitable means doing some research
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
If you're doing a double BTEC and a single then that's 3 grades not 2.
Talk to your college and find out the specific names of the BTECs you're taking and then pop them and some of your hoped for grades into the UCAS tariff calculator - that will give you some idea of the courses that might accept you. But you'll need to check directly with universities too - BTECs are great preparation for some courses but not ideal for others so making sure your qualifications are suitable means doing some research
Hiya yes thank you so basically they consider health and social care to be BTEC however we changed it to CTEC which means Cambridge technicals consisting of exams. what I meant for can I get into uni with 2 grades is because if I fail subject will they still accept me.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by arieslover)
Hiya yes thank you so basically they consider health and social care to be BTEC however we changed it to CTEC which means Cambridge technicals consisting of exams. what I meant for can I get into uni with 2 grades is because if I fail subject will they still accept me.
you need to ask the universities you want to apply to that question.
If you fail your qualifications then you'd normally be expected to resit or for some subjects and universities you might have the option of a foundation year but that's an expensive choice
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
you need to ask the universities you want to apply to that question.
If you fail your qualifications then you'd normally be expected to resit or for some subjects and universities you might have the option of a foundation year but that's an expensive choice
Oh really that is quite tough, Thank you yes i have to ask the Unis i will be applying to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (705)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (888)
42.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads