How do I organise A-Level History?

Watch this thread
Shlebzy
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! Kind of struggling with how to organise my A-level history. My exam board is Edexcel, and we are studying England (1625-1701), so Charles I, Russia (1894-1924, Germany and Civil Rights for course work.

Any ideas on how to organise these? I've done chronological order for Russia and themes for Charles but wanted to see if anyone had tips or advice!
Also, any good detailed textbooks?
aa34
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Shlebzy)
Hi! Kind of struggling with how to organise my A-level history. My exam board is Edexcel, and we are studying England (1625-1701), so Charles I, Russia (1894-1924, Germany and Civil Rights for course work.

Any ideas on how to organise these? I've done chronological order for Russia and themes for Charles but wanted to see if anyone had tips or advice!
Also, any good detailed textbooks?
Hi please send me tips for these!
Shlebzy
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aa34)
Hi please send me tips for these!
Hey do you need tips still?
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I actually wouldn’t bother organising your notes for A - Level. My notes were highly organised for A -Level history when I took the qualification many years ago and I separated and colour coordinated notes according to topic, did all my homework and put a lot of effort in.

I ended up with a U.

At university now (I am in the second year) I put 0 effort into my degree whatsoever, I barely make any notes and the notes I do make are all strewn all over the place in my bedroom.

I’ve ended up with a 2:1 for every module this year with the highest being almost a first. Consider this before you decide how to organise your notes.
Unknownx12
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
me tooo - i study these exact same topics
Shlebzy
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Unknownx12)
me tooo - i study these exact same topics
I'll PM you if you want but as @thisismyunitsr don't really bother. I've just sat my Stuarts exam and honestly the only thing I used were my flashcards and notes which were all on my laptop - my folders were pretty useless, a shame as I spent so long organising them + they take up a lot of room!

(Original post by Thisismyunitsr)
I actually wouldn’t bother organising your notes for A - Level. My notes were highly organised for A -Level history when I took the qualification many years ago and I separated and colour coordinated notes according to topic, did all my homework and put a lot of effort in.

I ended up with a U.

At university now (I am in the second year) I put 0 effort into my degree whatsoever, I barely make any notes and the notes I do make are all strewn all over the place in my bedroom.

I’ve ended up with a 2:1 for every module this year with the highest being almost a first. Consider this before you decide how to organise your notes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads