Damaged big toe nail

Watch
geek84
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Good Morning Folks I hope you're all well. A few weeks ago I banged my foot's big toe nail which resulted in the nail becoming bruised and the nail turned a reddish colour. I went to the hospital and the doctor advised that I wrap a bandage around the nail in order to protect it, and that it should eventually heal. Does someone know if there is a special name given to this type of bandage? Thank you
Ten-Ten
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it’s just a regular bandage
geek84
Rep:
?
Thanks Ten-Ten
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can get toe protectors in chemists; they are made of sponge or silicon and just slide on to your toe. You can use a normal bandage, but it might get a bit bulky wrapping enough round to protect it. Depends if you just want to stop the nail lifting or just cushion it.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would ask a pharmacist
geek84
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
You can get toe protectors in chemists; they are made of sponge or silicon and just slide on to your toe. You can use a normal bandage, but it might get a bit bulky wrapping enough round to protect it. Depends if you just want to stop the nail lifting or just cushion it.
Many thanks for your suggestion. I only want to cushion my toe and protect it from banging into something.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by geek84)
Many thanks for your suggestion. I only want to cushion my toe and protect it from banging into something.
If you use a bandage, put a piece of lint-free dressing round your toe first. If the nail does start to lift, it will save you catching the corners when you take the bandage off.
geek84
Rep:
?
Thank You
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (705)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (888)
42.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads