29 year old asking out an 18 year old. Is it right?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a 29 year old guy and I like an 18 year old girl. Despite the age difference, I want to ask her out. Is it wrong to have feelings for a girl that age? I look like a teenager myself and still get ID'd at supermarkets. Would this make it less awkward?
Interea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am a 29 year old guy and I like an 18 year old girl. Despite the age difference, I want to ask her out. Is it wrong to have feelings for a girl that age? I look like a teenager myself and still get ID'd at supermarkets. Would this make it less awkward?
You have 11 years more life experience and maturity than her, I can't see that being a particularly healthy relationship for either of you...
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd only consider it if it was the younger person asking out the older one. The older person should have some self control. Gonna be super awkward and uncomfortable for her if she doesn't like you.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

some people won't like it, but if you waited to get 100% approval before you start dating others you'd never get the 100% approval as there's always going to be someone who objects to the relationship whether it be because you're different religions, same sex, not married, under 21, different race, jealousy.....
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
some people won't like it, but if you waited to get 100% approval before you start dating others you'd never get the 100% approval as there's always going to be someone who objects to the relationship whether it be because you're different religions, same sex, not married, under 21, different race, jealousy.....
when i was 26 I was on dating sites. women my own age were ignoring my messages enmass, but several 18 year olds were sending me unsolicited messages. A few women my age sent messages to me unsolicited but they were morbidly obese and also had unattractive faces. I had a choice to make. Date the morbidly obese women who I was not attracted to or start talking to the much younger but legally adult girls who were DM-ing me.

I decided to go with the latter. :dontknow:
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone who thinks it is actively wrong, without knowing anything about the two people involved, is rather small minded.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The age gap is not wrong.
I only date guys at least 15 years older than me.

Is the girl single, open to dating and giving a positive impression of her personality?
Best to chat with her and make sure that she isn't in a relationship.
Then you will have a better idea of whether there is a chance of mutual interest.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're both legaly adults I can't tell you who you can and cannot enter into legal relationships with. But unless you know for sure that she's interested, this is all academic.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
The age gap is not wrong.
I only date guys at least 15 years older than me.

Is the girl single, open to dating and giving a positive impression of her personality?
Best to chat with her and make sure that she isn't in a relationship.
Then you will have a better idea of whether there is a chance of mutual interest.
So far it has been positive. She's always laughing and smiling when we talk.
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
U should do it! Life is short and she and u may rlly connect well. I have been there too and yeah some ppl simply want to control ur actions but ur both adults and their opinions truly do not matter at all.
Bobby Reds
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why can

I am a 29 year old guy and I like an 18 year old girl.

You know that its not right, otherwise you wouldn't be here asking questions, so leave the 18 year old alone.
Last edited by Bobby Reds; 1 month ago
Ivartheboneless
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just because your older doesn't make you a bad person, the fact you ask implies your not looking to hurt her.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
The fact you're asking shows you care, not that you think it is wrong.
My boyfriend is 17 years older than me and he normally goes for older women. Sometimes, you just click.
Go slow but go for it. You're both adults.
Mhazie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm 29 and like ... there is, in most people, a huge amount of difference between those ages in experience, in life goals, in expectation of what home life might be like, etc. I would absolutely not do this as the start to a proper relationship. The fact that you look young yourself is basically irrelevant wtf? Unless you mean is she more likely to be attracted to someone who looks closer to her age? Which, idk, maybe, maybe not, that's an individual thing.
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’re both legal adults so there isn’t anything wrong with the age gap. However, you have 11 years on her. That is a massive difference in levels of life experience and possibly maturity. You’re both in different stages of life, she’s going into her twenties which are normally the “care free” years and you’re going into your thirties where society expects you to start settling down.

There’s nothing wrong with you pursuing the relationship, however you need to discuss certain topics such as your future together. You’re in different stages of adulthood, which could hinder the chances of a successful relationship.

You’ve got nothing to lose! Just be cautious that it may not progress how you want it to.
hijackedbrother
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can someone explain why in general, men date younger and women date older? I've heard that a man only goes for a really young women when he's too immature for his own age (not judging OP, just what I've heard).
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mhazie)
The fact that you look young yourself is basically irrelevant wtf? Unless you mean is she more likely to be attracted to someone who looks closer to her age? Which, idk, maybe, maybe not, that's an individual thing.
Well yes, that is what I mean. I look like a person within her age group, rather than a guy in his late 20s / early 30s.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.47%
No - I have already returned home (26)
11.16%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.46%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (23)
9.87%
No - I live at home during term anyway (70)
30.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed