alevel20203
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi,
So for my NEA I have to compare a story from the Bloody Chamber to The woman in white. Please could anyone help suggest a story from the book which would have the best comparison. Additionally, if anyone could craft a question to show this comparison it would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Liam816
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I did this exact comparison for my coursework, I would always use the main story ‘The Bloody Chamber’ as your primary source of comparison, along with one other story from the collection. Either ‘The Snow Child’ or ‘The Courtship of Mr Lyon’ are good ones to go for; but honestly any story from the whole collection would work well.
giella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Depends what you’re looking at. I think probably the bloody chamber has the most meat in it or the Erl King.
alevel20203
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Liam816)
I did this exact comparison for my coursework, I would always use the main story ‘The Bloody Chamber’ as your primary source of comparison, along with one other story from the collection. Either ‘The Snow Child’ or ‘The Courtship of Mr Lyon’ are good ones to go for; but honestly any story from the whole collection would work well.
hi, thanks for replying. Could I ask the question that you did as I'm struggling to craft one.
giella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Compare the ways in which male characters are presented in ...

Standard question format. Sub out male characters with any aspect of the texts you want to discuss.

I would also encourage you to select at least two stories. Generally, a single short story from a collection is not considered to be sufficient to meet the criterion of two whole texts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (111)
40.81%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.66%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (19)
6.99%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (62)
22.79%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.99%

Watched Threads