ALW_92
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi hoping someone can help because I’m getting mixed views all over!!

I have a BSc in Psychology and an MSc in Forensic Psychology in which I used SFE to support me (tuition fees and maintenance loans)

I have applied to go back to uni into mental health nursing and because of my experience work wise and psychology background I’ve been told I can skip a year and do a 2 year MSc PreRegistration Mental Health Nursing degree.

I’m worried I won’t get tuition fee help?
I have an 8 year old child, would I get a dependents grant?

I am aware I get the NHS Learning Support Fund, I’ve seen this is around £5000, then £1000 for it being in mental health and potentially more for having a dependent?

I’m just worried about my tuition fees I’d be grateful for any help.

Last edited by ALW_92; 1 month ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ALW_92)
Hi hoping someone can help because I’m getting mixed views all over!!

I have a BSc in Psychology and an MSc in Forensic Psychology in which I used SFE to support me (tuition fees and maintenance loans)

I have applied to go back to uni into mental health nursing and because of my experience work wise and psychology background I’ve been told I can skip a year and do a 2 year MSc PreRegistration Mental Health Nursing degree.

I’m worried I won’t get tuition fee help?
I have an 8 year old child, would I get a dependents grant?

I am aware I get the NHS Learning Support Fund, I’ve seen this is around £5000, then £1000 for it being in mental health and potentially more for having a dependent?

I’m just worried about my tuition fees I’d be grateful for any help.

Hi, as long as you are not already registered as a Mental Health Nurse, then as long as you meet the residency criteria you will be able to apply for full SFE undergraduate funding, including grants for dependents as long as the NHS are not giving you childcare funding, this all depends on your household income also.

To discuss eligibility for the NHS Grant, we advise you to speak to the NHS https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learni...training-grant
If you get the grant, it won't affect your SFE eligibility, you can receive both the SFE funding and the grant on top.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (41)
31.78%
No - I have already returned home (16)
12.4%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (27)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (11)
8.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (34)
26.36%

Watched Threads