Rabah Ahmed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently studying Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Biology for A-levels. Can I still apply to the top Economics universities (e.g. LSE, UCL, Oxbridge, Warwick) without doing Further maths. And if I do apply what other work should I do to show to the Unis in my UCAS application?
g.ana
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
LSE states that further maths is highly desirable - most successful applicants have it. For Oxford, they offer Economics and Management not straight Economics so you don't need FM to apply. For Cambridge, many applicants still do have further maths as one of their subjects.
I've known a few people who have gotten into Warwick and UCL without further maths so you stand a fair chance there.
reading books about Economics really helps - you can make links with other activities/competitions you have done.
JGoosey2002
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rabah Ahmed)
I am currently studying Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Biology for A-levels. Can I still apply to the top Economics universities (e.g. LSE, UCL, Oxbridge, Warwick) without doing Further maths. And if I do apply what other work should I do to show to the Unis in my UCAS application?
Maybe not Cambridge or LSE. Some ppl have done it but it decreases ur chances (unless ur school doesn’t offer it). The others are ok if your application is good enough. An A* prediction in maths is a must
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
27.91%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
19.02%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.82%
No - I live at home during term anyway (98)
30.06%

Watched Threads